Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Merry Christmas and may your holiday be filled with delicious food and loved ones...to help you devour the food! Our Holiday Entertaining Guide can help if you’re still making a Christmas menu. If you’re looking for fun, last minute holiday activities, check out EGGcellent Sugar Cookies, BGE Cake Pops, Santa Hat Brownies, Pig Candy or Holiday Drinks! See you in the New Year EGGheads!

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

water pan is making alot of steam under the food. am i doing this right?

Sorry if this is answered somewhere else in the forums.  My rib setup had a 9 x 13 foil tray with about 2 inches of water, sitting on the plate setter, with legs up.  When I put the grate on top of the plate setter, the ribs were very close to the water.  The temperature at the grill was about 275.  About an hour into the cook, the water in the tray was almost boiling, and it looked like the ribs were in a steam bath.  Something didnt seem right about this, so I covered the water pan in foil and poked a few holes in it.

I am interested in how everyone else uses water pans for ribs, butts, roasts, etc.  Should the pan be steaming up the ribs above it?

Thanks!

Comments