Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone enjoyed their Fourth of July weekend and is excited for more warm weather grilling! This week, we’ll be making these two burgers: Stuffed Portobello Mushroom and Caribbean Chicken, and also eating lots of these Ice Cream Sandwiches in honor of National Ice Cream Month! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

water pan is making alot of steam under the food. am i doing this right?

Sorry if this is answered somewhere else in the forums.  My rib setup had a 9 x 13 foil tray with about 2 inches of water, sitting on the plate setter, with legs up.  When I put the grate on top of the plate setter, the ribs were very close to the water.  The temperature at the grill was about 275.  About an hour into the cook, the water in the tray was almost boiling, and it looked like the ribs were in a steam bath.  Something didnt seem right about this, so I covered the water pan in foil and poked a few holes in it.

I am interested in how everyone else uses water pans for ribs, butts, roasts, etc.  Should the pan be steaming up the ribs above it?

Thanks!

Comments