Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Scorch Prevention

Chief
Chief Posts: 154
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
In a few days my new table will be ready for the little guy. What type of device do I use to prevent scorching of my new table.
Someone did suggest use the feet that comes with the little guy.[p]Need help

Comments

• YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    minicorian.jpg
    <p />Chief,
    I did use the little feet on the table i made for the mini,they work great.
    YB

• Chief
    YB,
    I'm impressed with the set you have. Do you use the mini alot vice the small???
    Where are you exactly in the "Peach State"--I'm in Panama City, FL?
    Bob

• YB
    small_in_stand.jpg
    <p />Chief,
    I'm in Augusta.We use the mini to tailgate at all the UGA football games, and at home i use the small about 70% of the time and the large the other 30%.This is a picture of the fold up stand i made for the mini out of a bar stool.Next week we will be in Fla.We will be at Amelia island for 7 days.
    YB

[ul][li]Folding bar stool[/ul]
  • Chief
    YB,
    Very nice YB. It is perfect for tailgating. What is that device on the thermometer?
    I will see you at the Auburn-Georgia game at Auburn.
    Yes, somebody has to be an Auburn fan. Maybe this year we will win some games.....cross my fingers.

• YB
    minihat.jpg
    <p />Chief,
    That is a 3/4 PVC coupling with a fishing cork in it.I drilled a hole in the fishing cork and inserted the thermometer,it keeps the probe from sticking in the meat.Here is a close up of it and the sliding top i made for the mini.
    YB

• Chief
    YB,
    Ingenious! Gotta love it...Georgia.

• Chief
    YB,
    I noticed that you have made your own daisy wheel???
    Did you make your a small cart for your small BGE as well?
    Like what you did to Mr Gas Grill.

• Bama Fire
    Bama Fire Posts: 267
    Chief,
    I certainly hope not.....[p]Roll tide, chief![p]B~F

• Chief
    Bama Fire,
    Bama should be loaded this year.
    Hopefully, we can at least go a to bowl.
    You have a safe trip down here...lots of crazos out there.[p]Bob[p]War Eagle

• Bama Fire
    Bama Fire Posts: 267
    Chief,
    We'll take our time on the road tomorrow. No real hurry -- there'll be plenty of beer right there in the car with the non-drivers. :-) Just kidding. Well, not really.[p]Bama should do well this year if they stay health and coach keeps his fly zipped. Seems to a problem for leaders these days.[p]Oh, well.[p]B~F

• Chief
    Bama Fire,[p]Hopefully, he has learned his lesson.

• Cornfed
    Cornfed Posts: 1,324
    YB,[p]That is a truly awesome Egg! Nice work on the modifications. You've addressed just about every "limitation" of the mini. Please tell me that you're working on auto-locking bands for the Small and Mini. I wouldn't be surprised to see a post from you with a picture of you cooking a whole hog in that thing![p]Very impressive,
    Cornfed

• Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    YB,
    Nice job - neat top. They do make a slide/daisy top for the small though. I made a gizmo to hold up the thermometer too, I used a 1"x6" strip of heavy aluminium and bent it like a "U". The drilled a hole through both sides of the "U" for the thermometer tube to go through, then stick the tube in the egg. I'll take a picture of it someday. [p]You must have a good source for Corian.[p]Tim

• YB
    Tim M,
    I have a slide-daisy wheel top for my small egg but had to make the one for mini,i do like Corian,getting ready to pack mini for a trip to Fla.Kaye turned 50 yesterday,retires today and we go on vacation tomorrow.
    YB