Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
April showers bring...National BBQ Month! Are you ready for a month full of briskets, pulled pork and chicken wings? We hope so, because it’s almost here! Keep an eye out for some of our favorite BBQ recipes we’ll be sharing with you throughout the month of May.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

750 Degree in 5 Minutes

BOWHUNRBOWHUNR Posts: 1,433
I stumbled on to this on YouTube.  Has anyone ever tried the stack pipe to speed things up?

Mike

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE
·

Comments

• ScottborasjrScottborasjr Posts: 2,500
    That's kinda cool, and kinda crazy
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
    ·
  • Charlie tunaCharlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    I can see how this really causes the egg to draw more air into the bottom vent, but i don't think it will reduce the time to reach stabilization of the entire egg mass.
    ·
  • I agree.  it may get up to 750 degrees but more than likely not an even 750 throughout the entire egg.  That guy needs a little patience.
    ·
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 6,735
    When firing the egg up for higher temp pizza cooks, I noticed that the temp can rise quickly, especially if I use a chimney charcoal starter, but its usually from flames actually hitting the thermometer tip and causing it to show a high temp. 

The temp inside the egg is not uniformly that high. If you shut the intake down, the temp plummets as soon as the big flames die down, and read closer to what the temp actually is inside the egg. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    ·
  • AviatorAviator Posts: 1,519
    edited March 2013

After this vid did yall watch the other guy who converts his BGE to gas?

WT*???

Large and Small BGE, and a baby black Kub.

And all the toys to make me look like a Gizmo Chef.

>:)

Chattanooga, TN.

·
  • thetrimthetrim Posts: 1,020
    That's some great music on there
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14
    Tampa Bay, FL
    ·
  • I liked that big ass spider in the back.
    ·