Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - Maple Leaf (Basques) available at Lowe's New Westminster

For lower mainland eggers, Lowe's had a single skid of Maple Leaf sugar maple lump charcoal at their New West location. Price was $14.98 for 8Kg, same as Royal Oak. 
Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!

Comments

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,668
    thats a lucky find, hope you told the manager to order more.
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • It is the same price at the Lowes near us in Ottawa.  It is nice having diffierent options.

Tom

Charles is a mischevious feline who always has something cooking

Twin lbge's .. grew up in the sun parlor of Canada but now egging in the nation's capital

• Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    It is the same price at the Lowes near us in Ottawa.  It is nice having diffierent options.
    I agree, and Maple Leaf is good stuff. Seems Lowe's only ordered one skid, there is only about 10 bags left now. Hopefully they will order some more. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    It is the same price at the Lowes near us in Ottawa.  It is nice having diffierent options.
    I agree, and Maple Leaf is good stuff. Seems Lowe's only ordered one skid, there is only about 10 bags left now. Hopefully they will order some more. 
    I'm am guessing that they now have zero bags, since some Egghead bought all 10 after posting about it.
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,456
    edited March 2013
    @skiddy, which one? They are both from Quebec, you can't go wrong with either but I prefer the white bag with its lovely sugar maple smell. The brown bag ML is nice too, much better than blue bag RO IMHO.
    canuckland
  • canegger
    canegger Posts: 540
    @Chef Charles does the Lowe's always have it?
  • Skiddymarker
    It is the sugar maple, looks like a new bag, will tell you how it is tomorrow night....
  • smokesniffer
    smokesniffer Posts: 2,016
    how does it compare when ya burn it?? Keep us informed.
    TIA
    Large, small, and a mini
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,456
    edited March 2013
    @skiddy thanks for posting the photo, looks nice, have to check out my local Lowes.  When you said Maple Leaf I mistook it as the brown bag one   :\">
    canuckland
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    I just ordered and received Sugar Maple wood chunks and chips. Want to try it with a ham, just sounds so good to my Texas ears.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• I have used Basque's Sugar Maple lump before and found it to be quite good.  It stacks up well to the Maple Leaf lump as well as Basques Natures Own.

Tom

Charles is a mischevious feline who always has something cooking

Twin lbge's .. grew up in the sun parlor of Canada but now egging in the nation's capital

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    edited March 2013
    For lower mainland eggers, Lowe's had a single skid of Maple Leaf sugar maple lump charcoal at their New West location. Price was $14.98 for 8Kg, same as Royal Oak. 
    Thank God! Maybe now you'll stop whining about how expensive stuff is west of the sioux or sudbury

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Skiddymarker
    edited March 2013
    Well after all, Thunder Bay is the edge of the "flat world" in the eyes of most easterners. I knew if I cried loud and long enough some one would notice.  
    Much thanks to Jean-Claude at Basques. 
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    @Skiddymarker... trade you a bag of Ozark.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN