Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Stuffed Peppers and Beef Ribs on the Small

Exactly what the title says. Thanks for looking. 

imageimageimage
XL,L,S 
Winston-Salem, NC 

Comments

• Man that looks good. Excellent cook
  • Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    edited March 2013
    How did you prep ribs? Got some in the fridge I need to cook.  Looks dayum good.
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • Solson005
    Solson005 Posts: 1,911
    That looks so good! =P~
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    WOW! Those ribs look killer. I can't seem to find decent beef ribs around me at all. Stuffed peppers are something I keep wanting to do, but never get around to. Looks like a great meal.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Aviator
    Aviator Posts: 1,757

Beef ribs again!. That scallywag devil stays outside of my reach. Have done em several times and they come out not done. :(

Looks good, bro. How does it taste?

Large and Small BGE, Blackstone 36 and a baby black Kub.

Chattanooga, TN.

• Charlie tuna
    Charlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    How did those stuffed pepper come out??  Never thought about cooking them directly on the grid.  Any trouble handling them?  Thanks
  • Hi54putty
    Hi54putty Posts: 1,873
    How did you prep ribs? Got some in the fridge I need to cook.  Looks dayum good.
    I sprinkled a little DP Red Eye on them and cooked them indirect at 300 until tender. Not much prep. 
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
  • Hi54putty
    Aviator said:

Beef ribs again!. That scallywag devil stays outside of my reach. Have done em several times and they come out not done. :(

Looks good, bro. How does it taste?

Yeah, I like beef ribs a lot. These were from the half cow I bought and they were the best I have had. Try cooking them a little longer, that was my mistake the first time I did them. 
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
  • Hi54putty
    How did those stuffed pepper come out??  Never thought about cooking them directly on the grid.  Any trouble handling them?  Thanks
    Not really. I blanched them for 3 minutes before stuffing them and putting them on the egg so they were tender but not "caving in." I was able to pick them up with tongs easily. 
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    What were they stuffed with? One of my favourite egg cooks

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Charlie tuna
    Charlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    I stuff mine with a mixture(recipe) but i substitute ground turkey, but usually bake them in a cassorole dish --  i will have to try this method since direct temperature does something to peppers that brings their taste out!
  • Hi54putty

What were they stuffed with? One of my favourite egg cooks

Ground beef, diced tomatoes, oregano, basil, salt, pepper, cheese.

Also, added a sauce of ketchup, Worcestershire, Texas Pete. That came from the "Nibble Me This" site I believe.
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC