Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

fish

havent posted any weight loss cooks, heres a couple dinners with a wine mustard shallot reduction, adds a ton of flavor to what can be plain tasting. fish and scallops were pan fried in a tablespoon peanut oil in a heavey cast iron skillet

the sauce, saute the shallots in the oil from the fish, add butter, add 1/4 cup white wine, add a squirt of dijon, takes 30 seconds to complete

Comments

• reduction recipe please?

Keeping it Weird in the ATX
    2 Large BGE
    1 MiniMax BGE
    1 Karubecue C60 (aka-"The Dishwasher")
    More accessories than TFJ knows about and one more purchase from mandatory counciling
  • CPARKTXCPARKTX Posts: 1,529
    Nice presentation on the scallops.  Looks great. 
    LBGE & SBGE.  Central Texas.  
  • fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 19,904
    reduction recipe please?

it cooks extremely fast, on the fish it was a little thick. i used creole sesoning on the fish and salted the scallops before they went into the pan, just remember to put some salt on the fish or scallops before cooking
    the sauce, saute the shallots in the oil from the fish, add butter, add 1/4 cup white wine, add a squirt of dijon, takes 30 seconds to complete
  • fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 19,904
    CPARKTX said:
    Nice presentation on the scallops.  Looks great. 
    makes them convenient to eat, and drink the sauce. and they a free when you buy baked scallops, how can you beat that
    :))
  • Looks great and supper simple, I have some perch and walleye in the freezer that I'll try this way.