Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Simple ribs work for me

I do make my own rub but I use the ever so fancy Sweet Baby Ray's Hickory and Brown Sugar Sauce. Took the dome to 275* then put baby backs on meaty side rearward. I didn't think about them, well, I didn't check on them for another 3.5 hours. Temp was about 260*. I sauced just the top and nudged the vents a bit. Another hour and they came off. Dome temp was 290*. I let them rest uncovered in the oven on a cutting board for about an hour.

Very simple cook, but man, this is good.

image.jpg 2.9M
·

Comments

• jlsmjlsm Posts: 848
    I like simple, too. They look great.
    Owner of a large and a beloved mini in Philadelphia
    ·
  • Charlie tunaCharlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    When did you sauce them -- at what point??  They look great and i have some to cook tonight...
    ·
  • TonyATonyA Posts: 566
    I try to gauge when i think i have about an hour to go and sauce them at that point.  Then i rest them either in the oven or tented for an hour ... those will flip right over and carve on the backside without messing with the surface terribly.. They are not real saucy .. more sticky.
    ·
  • Charlie tunaCharlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    Thanks TonyA.  I'm gonna follow your instructions !!
    ·
    i'll be curious to see what someone else who actually cooks thinks .. let me know 
    ·
  • I think I will try this today.  It is a snow day in Nashville, supposed to get about an inch of slush.  This will be my first chance, and only chance for a log time to cook on the BGE in the snow and I don't want to miss it.

Dave
    no, not -that- one!
    KI4PSR
    ·
  • Solson005Solson005 Posts: 1,907
    The simple cooks are sometimes the most rewarding. Nicely done! 
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
    ·
    @Dave_Matthews - enjoy it !  There is something very rewarding about watching the smoke go up while the snow comes down ...
    ·
  • SmokinDAWG82SmokinDAWG82 Posts: 1,704
    Beautiful racks there! I like the simple way myself
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
    ·
  • I think I will try this today.  It is a snow day in Nashville, supposed to get about an inch of slush.  This will be my first chance, and only chance for a log time to cook on the BGE in the snow and I don't want to miss it.

Dave
    The snow was a real disappointment, a few flakes in the morning, and now at 1:30 pm just cold strong wind.  But the grill is getting started. 
    no, not -that- one!
    KI4PSR
    ·
  • I have to disappoint about replicating the simple cook as well.  I got a bit carried away and tried some ideas garnered from recipes and various rib threads.  I will start another thread to describe what I tried, even if it turns out to be bad, unlikely on the BGE!

Dave

no, not -that- one!
    KI4PSR
    ·
    Ha. No worries Dave. I'll look for your thread.
    ·
  • Dyal_SCDyal_SC Posts: 2,404
    Mmmmmm... :)
    ·