Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

How much butt on an XL?

I haven't take a good look at this yet .. I'm hoping I can fit four 10lb butts on my XL .. I don't think it should be a problem but i'm interested in hearing from anyone who's tried it.
·

Comments

• MayberryMayberry Posts: 466
    I've fit two 10 and two 8 pounders on my large on one level. You should be fine with an xl.
    Athens, GA
    ·
  • Charlie tunaCharlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    I have cooked seven Sam's Club butts on a large, and Sam's Club butts average eight pounds each.  So four on an extra large will fit all on the same level.
    ·
  • TonyATonyA Posts: 566
    Sounds like I might get one more in there.  I'm always concerned about spacing for even cooking and airflow.
    ·
  • MrCookingNurseMrCookingNurse Posts: 4,132
    Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

LBGE & SBGE (big momma and pat)
    ·
    LMAO .. Oh ye of little faith!
    ·
  • dlk7dlk7 Posts: 1,003
    Here is a shot of four nine plus pounders on my XL.  Turned out great.

Two XL BGEs - So Happy!!!!

Waunakee, WI

·
  • stlcharcoalstlcharcoal Posts: 1,299

I have put two 9 lbs'ers + two 7 lbs'ers in the Large.  It was a tight squeeze, difficult to close the lid.

I can put four 10lbs'ers on the XL no problem......I've done two 20 lbs turkey's next to each other twice now.  Plenty of room!

Connect:  Website  -  Facebook  -  Twitter

·
  • Solson005Solson005 Posts: 1,907
    Here is two 8 lb butts on the large, you will have no problem getting four on the big brother.. image
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
    ·
    thanks guys!  @dlk7 that is just the shot i wanted to see... 
    ·
  • tyenic1tyenic1 Posts: 149
    I did 6 10lbs pork butts on the XL all on one level, so you are defenitely ok.image
    ·
  • SmoothSmokeSmoothSmoke Posts: 141
    Tyenic, Did all those fit from the get go?  Or only after shrinkage?  BTW, great photo!!!

·
  • tyenic1tyenic1 Posts: 149
    They all fit from the get go. Obviously I wouldnt call it a great idea to squeeze 6 pork butts on the egg all at once, but I had 24 hours notice to feed everyone at my wife's class reunion because the caterer had a major emergency. They didn't turn out to bad.
    ·
  • I did seven 8 pounders on my XL... but had two up top on the AR. You just have to be sure you don't stab a butt with the dome thermo!!!!

(had a hard time understanding wh the dome temp wasn't going anywhere until Iooked!)

BOOMER!
    ·
    Now that sounds like something I would do.
    ·