Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ribs-Steaming off the rub?

I've been cooking ribs for awhile now and like alot of people I don't actually write down my technique but I typically follow a 3-1-1 for Baby Backs.  My last 2 cooks both went the same way...mustard slather followed by a good dose of rub and cook 3 hours at around 250 in a rib rack. At foiling time I usually add a little honey, Parkay and a little apple juice for moisture.  After the foil my beautiful mahogony looking ribs come out looking like a boiled piece of meat, most of the rub and beautiful color seems to be washed off.  The ribs of course brown back up during the last hour but a lot of flavor seems to be lost.  This seems to follow alot of the techniques I see online but I'm not sure if what I am seeing is normal or what I am doing wrong.  Any tips would be appreciated.

Comments