Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Hop on down to your nearest EGG dealer this week to pick up some Easter EGGcessories! Here are a few that may be useful for Easter, the V-rack, electric charcoal lighter and flexible skewers! Now that Spring is in the air, it's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

B&B Lump ?

I was at Academy Sports and saw that they had B&B Lump (reg,mesquite, hickory) for $13, 20lbs.

Is it any good?  The Whiz hasn't reviewed it since 2004.  Please let me know, and thanks!

The Dude: Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Walter Sobchak: [shouting] Has the whole world gone crazy? Am I the only one around here who gives a shit about the rules? Mark it zero!

Cumming, GA

Comments

• voleggyvoleggy Posts: 7
    B B has some BIG lump in it.  However, i have found that after you light it, it becomes a fireworks show for a few minutes.  I have no complaints other than the massive sparking.
  • alphacentaurialphacentauri Posts: 54
    edited March 2013
    I was using B&B mesquite for about 6-7 months, i was originally getting it for $17.99 for 20lbs, but then they started having it on sale for $13.99. so 13 is very good for it. 
    i agree with voleggy, lots of sparking and a few huge pieces up top then mostly smaller with a lot of dust on the bottom of the bag. but it did hold very stable for long cooks. 

i have since started using royal oak at about 20cents cheaper per pound and couldn't be happier. 
  • ChubbsChubbs Posts: 3,586
    I like it. It is 2nd best I can get in Columbia behind nature Glo. I count Bge as RO. Terrible luck with RO around here. Burn through a whole firebox every time I cook with it. Nature Glo burns cleaner but BB lasts longer.
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • GreenhawKGreenhawK Posts: 387
    I have been using B&B for about 3 years almost exclusively.  Mainly because it's inexpensive, and it's available 365 day/ year.  I have not had a problem with a single bag, and I don't have any sparking issues.
    Large BGE

Decatur, AL