Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Small or mini???

2»

Comments

• krobertsmsnkrobertsmsn Posts: 548
    I got my med, nest, PS, bag of lump, tools for $579 last yr
    LBGE 4/2012, MBGE 6/2012 & Mini 11/2013
    Rome, GA
    ·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,438
    Sure nice. image
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • Mattman3969Mattman3969 Posts: 4,743
    It's a hard toss up between the mini & the small. I am leaning towards the small because when we go to the lake or any other get away there is generally at least one other couple with us but still undecided

-----------------------------------------

Large BGE. Small BGE Henderson, Ky.
    ·
  • ScottborasjrScottborasjr Posts: 2,749
    I went with the small but that was after getting the medium, which was after getting the large.  It's a sickness.  I'd get the small, if that $539 included the nest that's not a bad deal I don't think.
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
    ·
  • MrCookingNurseMrCookingNurse Posts: 4,142
    You can do 499$ at most fest but I think that's a good deal. I just bought one and paid 490$ for just egg, it was 599 for nest egg

LBGE & SBGE (big momma and pat)
    ·
    This one was $539 for egg and nest. Basically the nest is free compared to the price he had on the small

·
  • ronthorontho Posts: 109
    Dont know where your at but just spoke with this guy and said he would go for 380.00 http://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/for/3690155460.html. was looking for a friend of mine but he wants a large.  
    ·
    Thanks rontho. I think if I buy I will buy new for the warranty. It would have to be under 1/2 price for the gamble. I think

·
    Thanks rontho. I think if I buy I will buy new for the warranty. It would have to be under 1/2 price for the gamble. I think

Asked him about the warranty and it hasnt been registered. Dont know how that works with the mothership. may want to call and ask them. Either way, if I were near there i would grab it in a heartbeat. Good luck 

t

·
    edited March 2013
    @rontho

it doesn't work like that

·
    @rontho

that's why I said " Dont know how that works with the mothership. may want to call and ask them

'

·
    rontho said:
    @rontho

that's why I said " Dont know how that works with the mothership. may want to call and ask them

'

still won't work  [-X   just taking all the curiosity out of your comment for mattman

·
    I see what your saying. I always tell my kids there is two ways to get a no, one is to not ask. sometimes you get surprised. And not implying that mattman is a kid either. ;)
    ·
    @rontho

that is a very wise word to live by 
    :)>-

·
    I am a kid at heart B-) but I would be 99.9999% sure that the 2nd hand warranty would be a negative I wouldn't warranty any of my products to the 2nd owner. Just sayin.

·
    I am a kid at heart B-) but I would be 99.9999% sure that the 2nd hand warranty would be a negative I wouldn't warranty any of my products to the 2nd owner. Just sayin.

That's just it, I don't think that he called in for the warrany and I'm not sure if BGE will honor it or not. 
    ·
  • shtgunal3shtgunal3 Posts: 2,902
    I want a small soooo damn bad!

LBGE,SBGE, and a mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

·
    On Friday I stopped in at a dealer about 2hrs from my house and got quoted $689 for a small, nest and plate setter. It amazes me how the prices very so much from dealer to dealer.

·