Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

NOLA is the Anti-Tweev !

What a great guy Carey, NOLA , is! I miss-placed my $199.00 Ken Onion 10" chefs knife in Salado last weekend. He found it and mailed it back to me. Wow, that's honesty for ya.
·

Comments

• rholtrholt Posts: 368
    That kind of thing is to be cherished and encouraged in this day and age.
    ·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,581
    I think he stole a box of fire starters from me...
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • SpringramSpringram Posts: 420
    Glad you got your knife back. I would have been sick to lose it. BTW..that was some great prime beef your served.
    LBGE and Mini
    ·
  • hornhonkhornhonk Posts: 3,841
    Thanks, Springram. It was nice meting and talking with you. I hope to see you at another Eggfest.
    ·
  • SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 7,143
    Nice my a$$! @nolaegghead knew @Fleurdilerious might use it on him if she misplaced her lucky stabbing knife. This was a simple act of self preservation. 

Atta boy Nola, what goes around comes around. 

Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
  • Village IdiotVillage Idiot Posts: 6,951
    Another tidbit.  As God as my witness, the first thing that the man you all know as NOLA, introduced himself by saying "I am Tweeve".  Just sayin' ... When I pulled out my Sig Sauer .380, he quickly recanted his statement.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

·
  • ChubbsChubbs Posts: 5,449
    Sig .380 is on my wish list. Very nice!
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
    ·
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 6,653
    Too much fun at Salado-missed one hell of a function.  Bucket list for sure-and I do believe I can even get it past SWMBO.  But it will be at a premium :)  Terms to be negotiated!
    Louisville   L & S BGEs 
    ·
    Chubbs said:
    I love it, Chubbs.  Fits very nicely in front pocket.  I bought after market rosewood handle grips and they are beautiful.

Dripping Springs, Texas.

·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,468
    My dog is missing her collar. :o3
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • ChubbsChubbs Posts: 5,449
    Chubbs said:
    I love it, Chubbs.  Fits very nicely in front pocket.  I bought after market rosewood handle grips and they are beautiful.

Gary, if you don't mind, send me a pic of the handle grips. Would love to see it. You have my email.
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
    ·
  • td66snrftd66snrf Posts: 774
    I had a real similar thing happen to me. I found this wad of cash wrapped in a rubber band and when I found who the rightful owner I gave him back the rubber band!
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser
    ·
  • SmokinDAWG82SmokinDAWG82 Posts: 1,704
    Nice job NOLA, we need a hell of a lot more honest people in this world
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
    ·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,581

Another tidbit.  As God as my witness, the first thing that the man you all know as NOLA, introduced himself by saying "I am Tweeve".  Just sayin' ... When I pulled out my Sig Sauer .380, he quickly recanted his statement.

do you think a .380 is going to bring down a coke zero induced mad man?
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
    henapple said:
    do you think a .380 is going to bring down a coke zero induced mad man?
    You're right.  When I looked in his eyes, and saw no one was at home, I knew I was in trouble.

Dripping Springs, Texas.

·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,468
    Nice job NOLA, we need a hell of a lot more honest people in this world

Funny that Nola offered me the knife for $50, did not have the cash and he would not take my check. Interesting.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 14,881

hornhonk said:
    What a great guy Carey, NOLA , is! I miss-placed my $199.00 Ken Onion 10" chefs knife in Salado last weekend. He found it and mailed it back to me. Wow, that's honesty for ya.
    The egghead community is like a second (crazy) family.  Family takes care of each other.  I already feel like I've known hornhonk for years after a few phone conversations.  Helluva guy. 

Been AWOL from the forum because I've been working on the lawn-TV project.  Got the TV up, fired it up and realized there's no ATSC tuner (just NTSC).  Crap.  I've got to run a line to the cable box.  March madness awaits!

tv1.jpg 283.5K
    tv2.jpg 304.1K
    tv3.jpg 234.6K

·
    BTW:  The TV is aimed directly at the egg :D

·
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 6,653
    @nola-so who's the egg got to win the whole thing???  Nice set-up BTW.
    Louisville   L & S BGEs 
    ·
    lousubcap said:
    @nola-so who's the egg got to win the whole thing???  Nice set-up BTW.
    The egg is torn between Michigan State and Louisville. :D  I personally think that's uncreative.

·