Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
April showers bring...National BBQ Month! Are you ready for a month full of briskets, pulled pork and chicken wings? We hope so, because it’s almost here! Keep an eye out for some of our favorite BBQ recipes we’ll be sharing with you throughout the month of May.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

warrany question

ok pros, i'm looking at an egg for sale that someone recieved from an employer for a gift. hasn't been registered and knows who the seller is, is there a chance if any that i could register it? how does it work if it does at all?

·

Comments

• Charlie tunaCharlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    I think the reciept needs to be located, and then register it under the new owner's name.
    ·
  • I didn't need my receipt to register my two eggs. http://www.biggreenegg.com/support/registration/
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Welcome to the Swamp.....GO GATORS!!!!
    ·
  • ChubbsChubbs Posts: 4,823
    What is a warrany? 8-}
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
    ·
  • SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 6,588
    edited March 2013
    Chubbs said:
    What is a warrany? 8-}
    A warranty - the BGE lifetime version is the reason we pay $1000 for an egg that is only worth $600 - the warranty takes the worry out of over stressing your parts when things get "hot". 
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
  • jlsmjlsm Posts: 843
    I would say that if it has never been used and has not been registered, go ahead and register it. Some one paid full price. What if someone gets an egg as a gift? Registering that is kosher, no? 
    Owner of a large and a beloved mini in Philadelphia
    ·
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 5,986

You don't need the receipt to register it, but according to the warranty you will need it if you ever need to make a claim.  If you can get the receipt then I see no reason you shouldn't be able to register it and be covered under warranty. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

·