Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Korean Kalbi Rib Lettuce Wraps

CPARKTXCPARKTX Posts: 1,067
Cooked this recipe from AmazingRibs.com and very pleased with outcome. Cooked raised direct for 5-6 minutes flipping a couple of times. Very easy cook.

Next time I'll make a dipping sauce similar to the one PF Changs prepares table side with their lettuce wraps. May also use iceberg lettuce, though SWMBO likes this butter lettuce tat the recipe called for.
LBGE & SBGE.  Central Texas.  
image.jpg 687.8K
image.jpg 889.1K
image.jpg 801.2K
·

Comments

• ChubbsChubbs Posts: 5,447
    Very cool cook. Nicely done
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
    ·
  • Greeno55Greeno55 Posts: 617
    edited March 2013
    This was my every Friday night dinner when I taught in Korea (and often Saturday, sometimes Wednesday, and on it goes). I need to pull out my Korean cook books I brought home and see what I can do on the Egg.
    LBGE (2012), MiniMax (2014), and too many Eggcessories to list.  - Sudbury, Ontario
    ·
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,352
    How long did you marinate the rib meat?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,468
    That would be a very nice Fest cook by cutting in half.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • CPARKTXCPARKTX Posts: 1,067
    @Little Steven - I marinated about 4 hours and it picked up plenty of flavor. @Greeno55 - if you make a version of this, please be sure to post...this was good and I'd love to see any variations.
    LBGE & SBGE.  Central Texas.  
    ·
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,352

This is a great blog for Korean

http://www.maangchi.com/

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • Austin  EggheadAustin Egghead Posts: 3,343
    Very nice. Mickey is correct that would be a good fest cook. Thanks for the link.
    Eggin in SW "Keep it Weird" TX
    ·
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 6,871
    Very nice!

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

·
  • You had me at Kalbi . . .  =P~
    I'm Kristi ~ Live in FL ~ BGE since 2003.
    I write about food & travel on Necessary Indulgences -
    You can find me on Facebook & Instagram, too! 
    ·