Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re feeling pretty super, how about you? The big game is fast approaching, and while we love football, we love an excuse to invite people over and cook even more! You too can cook like a champion with recipes from Dr. BBQ’s NFL Gameday Cookbook: Grilled Tuna Sandwiches from Seattle and Baked Brie from New England. Who’s going to win? You’ll have to cook both to find out.

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

Partially frozen butt -- ready for egg?

I searched and found a few discussions on this topic.  I've got a not-completely-thawed 10 pounder I'd like to get on this afternoon.  Planning on serving it Sunday night.  Any problems/precautions putting it on the egg partially frozen?  
Also, we've got three inches of snow on the ground w/ more on the way in Colorado, going to be an interesting cook! 
Thanks for the help! 
·

Comments

• SteveWPBFLSteveWPBFL Posts: 1,267
    Have put 'em on directly from the freezer, they just take a little longer, that's all.....
    ·
  • shtgunal3shtgunal3 Posts: 2,902
    Have put them on partially frozen before. The maverick was tripping out until the IT of the butt reached above 32. Throw it on there and good luck.

LBGE,SBGE, and a mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

·
  • Awesome!  Thanks for the help.  I'll try and post a few pics of the egging conditions.
    ·
  • chainsaw19chainsaw19 Posts: 256
    Did a partially frozen about same size last weekend, 250 dome it took about 16 hrs
    Large BGE Middletown, MD
    ·
  • ZickZick Posts: 171
    agree with the above advice.  I am in Boulder, CO where are you?  I got ribs on myself.
    When was the last time you did something for the first time? - Zick Boulder, CO
    ·
  • Zick, I'm in the Springs.  Y'all get snow in Boulder?  The butt is doing great so far -- 5.5 hours in, 140 IT and 264 grid.  Got it on and stabilized around 6:00, in time to head downtown with my wife.  I put the babysitter in charge, gotta love the egg!  She never touched it!  
    ·