Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

And so it begins... first brisket!

13»

Comments

• jbvajbva Posts: 11
    sorry but i am new, what is FTC?
    ·
  • calracefancalracefan Posts: 498
    Foil, Towel ,Cooler 
    Ova B.
    Fulton MO
    ·
  • jbva said:
    sorry but i am new, what is FTC?
    wrap in Foil, wrap that in Towels, place in a Cooler. Keeps things warm for many hours. Great for resting butts and briskets or holding them for travel. 

·
  • TxAg93 said:
    What happened when C-T let it cool in the FTC???
    you're just going to have to find out for yourself :)

Kidding.  When you let it cool a little to where it's easy to handle with your bare hands before cutting, it changes the the texture in a very good way. 

·
  • RACRAC Posts: 1,498
    edited March 2013
    TxAg93 said:
    @TheCenTexSmoker Have you tried the Grand Champion rub by Texas BBQ Rub? Curious about it.
    I have. @cazzy sent me some a while back. I thought it was really good but it was too sweet for me. The quality is great, just wasn't my favorite flavor profile. I would try it again though. I go through phases on what I like. Right now, I'm loving the Bad Byrons. The last 3 or 4 briskets I made ad it and I got more compliments than ever. It's also when I started doing the rest and let it cool down trick but the flavor and bark texture (even after a long hold in the cooler) have been awesome since I switched to it a few months ago. i'm doing another one tonight. Just have to back that Salado brisket up so I don't forget what I did. Brisket for dinner tomorrow night.

come to think of it, I still have some of that grand champ left. I don't think enough to do a whole brisket. I say go for it though. It's really good quality stuff

What time should we get there!
    :))

Ricky

Spring, TX

·
  • Ha Ricky!- I hope this one makes it longer than 5 minutes but I'm having 5 14 year olds over so it might not.

·
  • TxAg93 said:
    @TheCenTexSmoker Have you tried the Grand Champion rub by Texas BBQ Rub? Curious about it.
    @TxAg93- check your inbox

·
  • TxAg93TxAg93 Posts: 124
    Got it. Thanks.
    ·
    So the wife and I finally had some brisket and although, the smoke ring was minimal, it had a lot of flavor.  Good flavor penetration from the rub, not enough smoke flavor though.  Overall, if I had to grade it I'd say a solid 'B'.  
    ·
  • RACRAC Posts: 1,498
    Look's good from here!

Ricky

Spring, TX

·
  • Looks pretty good. Keep it up. The A's aren't far behind the solid B's

·
    The crazy part is that after a sixteen hour smoke, I had this much lump left.
    ·
  • okienineokienine Posts: 43
    We had ours earlier, it was a little dry but had really good flavor, overall it was fair, happy with first attempt.
    McAlester, Ok. Large and Mini Egg
    ·