Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Need NY Strip Roast HELP!

Got a 3lb NY Strip roast at the store today with the intent to cut it up for a few thick steaks.  Now, I'm considering a roast on the LBGE.    How's it done?  T-rex?  

TIA!

Flowery Branch, GA  LBGE
·

Comments

• Those are fairly lean and the meat is pretty firm to do as a roast. However, if you want to give it a rip, i would do it the same way as a rib roast. 225 indirect until 130-135 internal temp. You can T Rex or reverse sear it if you want but I find it's not needed on rib roasts. I use salt, pepper, and rosemary on rib roasts.

If it were me, I would do the steaks but I would love to hear how the roast turns out if you go for it. It should be good either way.

·
  • WolfpackWolfpack Posts: 1,384
    I did one the other day- reverse seared and basically followed the amazing ribs recipe. http://amazingribs.com/recipes/beef/prime_rib_roast.html
    Greensboro, NC
    ·
  • SeeingSpotsSeeingSpots Posts: 151
    I'm T-rexing.  Got the sear done, and rested 20.   Now roasting at 375, going for 125 IT.
    Flowery Branch, GA  LBGE
    ·
  • nice. Let us know how it turns out.

·