Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Are you happy it’s finally National BBQ Month? While we like to BBQ year round, May is our favorite because the whole country is celebrating delicious food. If you’re new to cooking BBQ on your EGG, check out our Smoking Basics Publication...if not, proceed to some of our favorite recipes! We love Dr. BBQ’s Coffee Rubbed Brisket, Famous Dave’s Sticky Ribs and Virginia Willis’ Pulled Pork. Pair with this cheesy favorite for a winning way to start off May!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Need NY Strip Roast HELP!

Got a 3lb NY Strip roast at the store today with the intent to cut it up for a few thick steaks.  Now, I'm considering a roast on the LBGE.    How's it done?  T-rex?  

TIA!

Flowery Branch, GA  LBGE
·

Comments

• Those are fairly lean and the meat is pretty firm to do as a roast. However, if you want to give it a rip, i would do it the same way as a rib roast. 225 indirect until 130-135 internal temp. You can T Rex or reverse sear it if you want but I find it's not needed on rib roasts. I use salt, pepper, and rosemary on rib roasts.

If it were me, I would do the steaks but I would love to hear how the roast turns out if you go for it. It should be good either way.

·
  • WolfpackWolfpack Posts: 1,322
    I did one the other day- reverse seared and basically followed the amazing ribs recipe. http://amazingribs.com/recipes/beef/prime_rib_roast.html
    Greensboro, NC
    ·
  • SeeingSpotsSeeingSpots Posts: 151
    I'm T-rexing.  Got the sear done, and rested 20.   Now roasting at 375, going for 125 IT.
    Flowery Branch, GA  LBGE
    ·
  • nice. Let us know how it turns out.

·