Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Beef Stout Roast

Seeing a lot of Beef Stout cooked for sandwiches, I decided to use the same recipe, but with a little more traditional flavor - added a couple different varieties of potatoes and carrots. It's still on the Egg, but looking good! Can't smell a damn thing because the yellow pollen is everywhere here in Central Mississippi, and the Zyrtec just isn't working for me. Anyway, here's some pics so far. After the 3rd pic, I foiled it, raised the temp to 350, and will check it in a couple hours.
HOTTY TODDY!
image.jpg 526.9K
image.jpg 505K
image.jpg 577.6K
·

Comments

• rholtrholt Posts: 368
    Hmm. I would love to do it with the potatoes and carrots. That would be a great Easter meal.
    ·
  • Bham_eggerBham_egger Posts: 196
    Lookin good!
    ·
  • Mattman3969Mattman3969 Posts: 4,857
    Looks very good!!

-----------------------------------------

Large BGE. Small BGE Henderson, Ky.
    ·
  • calracefancalracefan Posts: 498
    Got the roast on the egg now also 138 degrees right now, 165 put with the peppers and onion, finish . We'll see how it turns out. Good Luck with your cook !

Ova B.
    Fulton MO
    ·
  • Pulled the foil off after about 2.5 hours and there was very little beer/juice remaining... Maybe the potatoes and carrots sucked up the juice? So I rearranged the roast/veggies, added another Guinness, and cooked uncovered for about 20 minutes. It's still very good, even with my allergies jacked up I can taste it! The jalapeños I put in added just the right bite.
    image.jpg 1.8M
    HOTTY TODDY!
    ·