Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Beef Stout Roast

Seeing a lot of Beef Stout cooked for sandwiches, I decided to use the same recipe, but with a little more traditional flavor - added a couple different varieties of potatoes and carrots. It's still on the Egg, but looking good! Can't smell a damn thing because the yellow pollen is everywhere here in Central Mississippi, and the Zyrtec just isn't working for me. Anyway, here's some pics so far. After the 3rd pic, I foiled it, raised the temp to 350, and will check it in a couple hours.
HOTTY TODDY!
image.jpg 526.9K
image.jpg 505K
image.jpg 577.6K

Comments

• rholtrholt Posts: 375
    Hmm. I would love to do it with the potatoes and carrots. That would be a great Easter meal.
  • Bham_eggerBham_egger Posts: 196
    Lookin good!
  • Mattman3969Mattman3969 Posts: 4,984
    Looks very good!!

-----------------------------------------

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • calracefancalracefan Posts: 499
    Got the roast on the egg now also 138 degrees right now, 165 put with the peppers and onion, finish . We'll see how it turns out. Good Luck with your cook !

Ova B.
    Fulton MO
  • Pulled the foil off after about 2.5 hours and there was very little beer/juice remaining... Maybe the potatoes and carrots sucked up the juice? So I rearranged the roast/veggies, added another Guinness, and cooked uncovered for about 20 minutes. It's still very good, even with my allergies jacked up I can taste it! The jalapeños I put in added just the right bite.
    image.jpg 1.8M
    HOTTY TODDY!