Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

NOLA is the Anti-Tweev !

What a great guy Carey, NOLA , is! I miss-placed my $199.00 Ken Onion 10" chefs knife in Salado last weekend. He found it and mailed it back to me. Wow, that's honesty for ya.

Comments

• rholt
    rholt Posts: 392
    That kind of thing is to be cherished and encouraged in this day and age.
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    I think he stole a box of fire starters from me...
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Springram
    Springram Posts: 430
    Glad you got your knife back. I would have been sick to lose it. BTW..that was some great prime beef your served.
    LBGE and Mini
  • hornhonk
    hornhonk Posts: 3,841
    Thanks, Springram. It was nice meting and talking with you. I hope to see you at another Eggfest.
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Nice my a$$! @nolaegghead knew @Fleurdilerious might use it on him if she misplaced her lucky stabbing knife. This was a simple act of self preservation. 

Atta boy Nola, what goes around comes around. 

Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    Another tidbit.  As God as my witness, the first thing that the man you all know as NOLA, introduced himself by saying "I am Tweeve".  Just sayin' ... When I pulled out my Sig Sauer .380, he quickly recanted his statement.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Sig .380 is on my wish list. Very nice!
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,168
    Too much fun at Salado-missed one hell of a function.  Bucket list for sure-and I do believe I can even get it past SWMBO.  But it will be at a premium :)  Terms to be negotiated!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Village Idiot
    Chubbs said:
    I love it, Chubbs.  Fits very nicely in front pocket.  I bought after market rosewood handle grips and they are beautiful.

Dripping Springs, Texas.

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    My dog is missing her collar. :o3
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Chubbs said:
    I love it, Chubbs.  Fits very nicely in front pocket.  I bought after market rosewood handle grips and they are beautiful.

Gary, if you don't mind, send me a pic of the handle grips. Would love to see it. You have my email.
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • td66snrf
    td66snrf Posts: 1,821
    I had a real similar thing happen to me. I found this wad of cash wrapped in a rubber band and when I found who the rightful owner I gave him back the rubber band!
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, SMALL, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser
  • SmokinDAWG82
    SmokinDAWG82 Posts: 1,705
    Nice job NOLA, we need a hell of a lot more honest people in this world
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025

Another tidbit.  As God as my witness, the first thing that the man you all know as NOLA, introduced himself by saying "I am Tweeve".  Just sayin' ... When I pulled out my Sig Sauer .380, he quickly recanted his statement.

do you think a .380 is going to bring down a coke zero induced mad man?
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Village Idiot
    henapple said:
    do you think a .380 is going to bring down a coke zero induced mad man?
    You're right.  When I looked in his eyes, and saw no one was at home, I knew I was in trouble.

Dripping Springs, Texas.

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    Nice job NOLA, we need a hell of a lot more honest people in this world

Funny that Nola offered me the knife for $50, did not have the cash and he would not take my check. Interesting.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102

hornhonk said:
    What a great guy Carey, NOLA , is! I miss-placed my $199.00 Ken Onion 10" chefs knife in Salado last weekend. He found it and mailed it back to me. Wow, that's honesty for ya.
    The egghead community is like a second (crazy) family.  Family takes care of each other.  I already feel like I've known hornhonk for years after a few phone conversations.  Helluva guy. 

Been AWOL from the forum because I've been working on the lawn-TV project.  Got the TV up, fired it up and realized there's no ATSC tuner (just NTSC).  Crap.  I've got to run a line to the cable box.  March madness awaits!

tv1.jpg 283.5K
    tv2.jpg 304.1K
    tv3.jpg 234.6K
    BTW:  The TV is aimed directly at the egg :D
    @nola-so who's the egg got to win the whole thing???  Nice set-up BTW.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    lousubcap said:
    @nola-so who's the egg got to win the whole thing???  Nice set-up BTW.
    The egg is torn between Michigan State and Louisville. :D  I personally think that's uncreative.