Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

48 hour burn, and still going...

Greetings friends,

I just had a brisket on for 18 hours, and decided to cook the point longer so I let the lump ride.

48 hours later, I just shut it down - with lump to go!!

I'll take a pic tomorrow when it cools down.  I ran it at 300* for 18 hours, and 225* for the rest.

I'll just put the one in.  My posts tend to be a little pic heavy..
8-D

Large BGE -- Greensboro!

·

Comments

• cortguitarmancortguitarman Posts: 2,024
    Wow, impressive. Details please. What kind of lump? Egg size?
    Mark Annville, PA
    ·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,416
    That is stupendous. Best lump ever.
    ·
  • flemsterflemster Posts: 259
    Wow. That is a ton of continuous drinking! :D
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------

Keywords: Gator, Nashvegas, LBGE, Looftlighter, Thermapen in Racing Green (faster than the red one!), PSWOO2, Spider with CI, IQ120
    ·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,588
    Kind Of Lump.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • Charlie tunaCharlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    Amazing!!  Never heard of that before!!
    ·
  • MaskedMarvelMaskedMarvel Posts: 1,316
    image.jpg 3.6M
    Large BGE -- Greensboro!

·
  • MaskedMarvelMaskedMarvel Posts: 1,316
    What you see is the last bits that were left in there - LBGE -  the rest under that is 100% ash.  Pretty sure it was almost done.

Lump = HARRIS TEETER 

Sounds stupid, but I'm liking and using it more and more.Gotta run out and buy up the rest of their winter sale supply.  It was $3.99/bag here for a 6.6 pounder.
    Large BGE -- Greensboro!

·
  • Hi54puttyHi54putty Posts: 1,610
    That's a cool pic
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
    ·

Looks like you burnt the BBQ pork. Oh we'll use a lot of sauce it should be alright
    ·