Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

It will never be white again....

Tonight was the Madden voyage of a new LBGE. My table was delivered on Tuesaday from a extended family member who built it for me. The lbge was delivered from my local dealer last night. Tonight it was lit for the first cook. I was quite happy with my temp control and the cook. Due to limited cook time, went with Dr. BBQ's maple brined pork chops from his new book.
Made the brine the night prior, added the chops early this afternoon. Lighting went well, hit my target temp of 235, with indirect set up in place. Held steady after burning clear for about 15 minutes before adding meat. Once meat was on, temp had dropped at the grate (maveric). Came back to temp in about 20 minutes, but that slowed my cook and ETA to get food on the table. Ended up driving it to the finish after having been on for over an hour,family was getting hungry. Pushed temp to 275 for another 25 minutes to target IT of 145. Chops came off, indirect out, grid at regular height and asperagus went on while chops stood. SWMBO had made squash in the oven. I was pleased with the results, but need to dial back the smoke for taste of the family, or they need to aquire the taste for it. Can't cook tomorrow, but have a prime rib in the fridge waiting to be cooked on Sunday. Thanks for reading, and all the advice on the forum, lurked for months before jumping in.

Comments