Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone enjoyed their Fourth of July weekend and is excited for more warm weather grilling! This week, we’ll be making these two burgers: Stuffed Portobello Mushroom and Caribbean Chicken, and also eating lots of these Ice Cream Sandwiches in honor of National Ice Cream Month! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Smoked Buffalo Chicken Dip

SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 4,531
I am sure this has been done before but I thought I would share. I basically used this recipe, but I used fresh pulled chicken thighs and cheddar cheese on top.  I smoked about 10 thighs until they were about 185* IT, pulled the chicken, mixed the ingredients in a pan and then back on the egg indirect for about 20-30 minutes.  I have had this out of the oven several times and really like it.  Let me tell you, on the egg it is that much better!   It is also dead simple and will feed a crowd. 

Only problem with this is it is a little greasy.  The grease from the chicken and the liquid rises to the top, and I had to pour some of this off and also use paper towels to remove excess.  I think next time I would pull the chicken and put it on the egg without the cheese, pour off some of the grease/liquid, then add the cheese and put it back on the egg. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

Comments