Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Hugenormous Pork Butt assistance

2»

Comments

• henapplehenapple Posts: 14,429

If it won't fit in the egg you can always use KY instead of mustard.

That's wrong... Why would you use Kentucky on it.. ?

Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • Here's the pics of my cook. Been going for 4 hours.. Already at 165...going to be a huge Stall. Also I cut off about 1/2 lb of fat cap.
    ·
  • shtgunal3shtgunal3 Posts: 2,902
    That's a big butt master yoda

LBGE,SBGE, and a mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,298
    You've got huge .... tracts of land...
    ·
  • Just put a new gasket on...so dont be hatin' since my gasket is Whiter then Mayonaise
    ·
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 6,578
    That is one big hunk o swine!  I am sure it will be delicious.   

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

·
  • doubledouble Posts: 1,214
    henapple said:

If it won't fit in the egg you can always use KY instead of mustard.

That's wrong... Why would you use Kentucky on it.. ?

It's @MrCookingNurse it wouldn't be him egging if it didn't have KY. I think that's how he gets his large in his cars front seat... ;-)
    Lynnwood WA
    ·
  • SkinnyVSkinnyV Posts: 2,660
    I've done overnights before and woke up a few times to check on it. When the party started and everyone loved the food, to me it was all worth it.
    Best to play it safe.
    Seattle, WA
    ·
  • I dunno about this cook. The huge thing is at 12.5 hours and 190degrees.its it's really tough still.. So it's got some time left on it.. But I'm not sure how long I'll be waiting to pull it
    ·
  • Here's a pic
    ·
  • I think what I'm going to do..is just check it every hour to see if the thermo slides in and out. I've had this issue before and the consensus was to leave it on longer and maybe pull it at 205
    ·
  • U_tardedU_tarded Posts: 1,280
    I think what I'm going to do..is just check it every hour to see if the thermo slides in and out. I've had this issue before and the consensus was to leave it on longer and maybe pull it at 205
    good call, could be a long night maybe one of those late game stalls where it sits at 195 forever and ever and ever and doesn't pull until 205
    ·
  • never tried it with KY...how's the flavor

Rockwall Texas, just east of Dallas where the humidity and heat meet! Life is too short to get caught in the fast lane behind somebody slow!

XL, LG, Sm, Mini and Weber for drink holder

·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,298
    Depends on which one you use. Strawberry, passion fruit, watermelon, new car smell...

Wait, what?
    ·