Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Smoked Buffalo Chicken Dip

SmokeyPitt
SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
I am sure this has been done before but I thought I would share. I basically used this recipe, but I used fresh pulled chicken thighs and cheddar cheese on top.  I smoked about 10 thighs until they were about 185* IT, pulled the chicken, mixed the ingredients in a pan and then back on the egg indirect for about 20-30 minutes.  I have had this out of the oven several times and really like it.  Let me tell you, on the egg it is that much better!   It is also dead simple and will feed a crowd. 

Only problem with this is it is a little greasy.  The grease from the chicken and the liquid rises to the top, and I had to pour some of this off and also use paper towels to remove excess.  I think next time I would pull the chicken and put it on the egg without the cheese, pour off some of the grease/liquid, then add the cheese and put it back on the egg. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

Comments

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,665
    i love that stuff, we did it with leftover tday smoked turkey this year, it quickly disappears
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • SmokeyPitt
    edited March 2013
    ...and if you use celery to dip it is low carb! :)

I would love to try it with turkey.  Another use for those leftovers! 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• MikeP624
    MikeP624 Posts: 292
    I make something similar that has shredded/pulled chicken, cream cheese, ranch dressing, cheddar cheese and franks redhot.  It is awesome, a great dip to put out during a football game.
  • Solson005
    Solson005 Posts: 1,911
    I don't think I've ever had anything like this.. Thanks for posting I'll add it to the ever growing list.. 
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
  • bccomstock
    bccomstock Posts: 338
    MikeP624 said:
    I make something similar that has shredded/pulled chicken, cream cheese, ranch dressing, cheddar cheese and franks redhot.  It is awesome, a great dip to put out during a football game.
    I do a similar one.. Never thought about smoking the chicken beforehand though..

I also don't use cheddar cheese.. Typically cream cheese, chunky bleu cheese dressing, hot sauce and topped with monterrey jack.
    LBGE
    MS Gulf Coast - Proud member of the Who Dat Nation!
    My Not Frequently Updated Basically Dead Blog: http://datcue.wordpress.com
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    Looks tasty! Would using chicken breasts make any difference in the greasiness?

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • SmokeyPitt
    caliking said:
    Looks tasty! Would using chicken breasts make any difference in the greasiness?
    Thanks!  That is a great suggestion- I think chicken breasts would cut down on some of the grease. I think that might be a good option.

• bodski
    bodski Posts: 463
    Thanks! Looks great. It's on my list now.

Cincinnati

LBGE, Weber Kettle