Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Small or mini???

Options
2»

Comments

• krobertsmsn
    krobertsmsn Posts: 655
    Options
    I got my med, nest, PS, bag of lump, tools for $579 last yr
    LBGE 4/2012, MBGE 6/2012 & Mini 11/2013
    Rome, GA
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Sure nice. image
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    It's a hard toss up between the mini & the small. I am leaning towards the small because when we go to the lake or any other get away there is generally at least one other couple with us but still undecided

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    Options
    I went with the small but that was after getting the medium, which was after getting the large.  It's a sickness.  I'd get the small, if that $539 included the nest that's not a bad deal I don't think.
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • MrCookingNurse
    MrCookingNurse Posts: 4,665
    Options
    You can do 499$ at most fest but I think that's a good deal. I just bought one and paid 490$ for just egg, it was 599 for nest egg

XLBGE 
  • Mattman3969
    Options
    This one was $539 for egg and nest. Basically the nest is free compared to the price he had on the small

analyze adapt overcome

• rontho
    rontho Posts: 109
    Options
    Dont know where your at but just spoke with this guy and said he would go for 380.00 http://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/for/3690155460.html. was looking for a friend of mine but he wants a large.  
  • Mattman3969
    Options
    Thanks rontho. I think if I buy I will buy new for the warranty. It would have to be under 1/2 price for the gamble. I think

analyze adapt overcome

• rontho
    Options
    Thanks rontho. I think if I buy I will buy new for the warranty. It would have to be under 1/2 price for the gamble. I think

Asked him about the warranty and it hasnt been registered. Dont know how that works with the mothership. may want to call and ask them. Either way, if I were near there i would grab it in a heartbeat. Good luck 

t

• MrCookingNurse
    edited March 2013
    Options
    @rontho

it doesn't work like that

XLBGE 
  • rontho
    Options
    @rontho

that's why I said " Dont know how that works with the mothership. may want to call and ask them

'

• MrCookingNurse
    Options
    rontho said:
    @rontho

that's why I said " Dont know how that works with the mothership. may want to call and ask them

'

still won't work  [-X   just taking all the curiosity out of your comment for mattman

XLBGE 
  • rontho
    Options
    I see what your saying. I always tell my kids there is two ways to get a no, one is to not ask. sometimes you get surprised. And not implying that mattman is a kid either. ;)
  • MrCookingNurse
    Options
    @rontho

that is a very wise word to live by 
    :)>-

XLBGE 
  • Mattman3969
    Options
    I am a kid at heart B-) but I would be 99.9999% sure that the 2nd hand warranty would be a negative I wouldn't warranty any of my products to the 2nd owner. Just sayin.

analyze adapt overcome

• rontho
    Options
    I am a kid at heart B-) but I would be 99.9999% sure that the 2nd hand warranty would be a negative I wouldn't warranty any of my products to the 2nd owner. Just sayin.

That's just it, I don't think that he called in for the warrany and I'm not sure if BGE will honor it or not. 
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,647
    Options
    I want a small soooo damn bad!

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• Mattman3969
    Options
    On Friday I stopped in at a dealer about 2hrs from my house and got quoted $689 for a small, nest and plate setter. It amazes me how the prices very so much from dealer to dealer.

analyze adapt overcome