Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Removes 100% of VOC's

Options
Tjcoley
Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
Stumbled upon this air purifier that claims to remove 100% of VOC's. Wondering if I mounted it on my Egg table I could start cooking sooner. https://www.airocide.com/ellen/how-it-works

Comments

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    pretty cool!

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Looks pretty sweet. Maybe the best toy from NASA since velcro. Besides all that space stuff.
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    I am a Q purist, it is all about time, watching the fire and waiting for just the right moment that my glass is empty and I am hungry enough to want something solid other than the olive in my Martini. Damn technology....
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Tjcoley
    Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
    Options
    henapple said:
    The thing about cooking sooner or turbo is that it cuts the beer time down. I go low and slow...spatchcock? 4 hrs. Ribs? 12 hrs. Boston butt?...3 days....
    You can always start drinking before you light the Egg.  Ash needs to be cleaned out, lump reloaded, accessories gathered for the cook, etc.  And you need to take a break between each.  
    Options
    I was hoping I could use this for a supercharged bathroom airfreshener.  Wilma says Glade doesn't cut it after I've been in there.  :-&
    Flint, Michigan
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,337
    Options
    Don't forget the SWMBO escape value of the low&slow (or the appearance thereof) cook.  Someone has to make sure the ----------- is doing well.  Of course, such adult supervision requires the accompanying beverage :)>-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • rontho
    rontho Posts: 109
    Options
    Tjcoley said:
    henapple said:
    The thing about cooking sooner or turbo is that it cuts the beer time down. I go low and slow...spatchcock? 4 hrs. Ribs? 12 hrs. Boston butt?...3 days....
    You can always start drinking before you light the Egg.  Ash needs to be cleaned out, lump reloaded, accessories gathered for the cook, etc.  And you need to take a break between each.  
    I always tell the poor slobs (non egg owners) the first step to a perfect q is to open a beer, then buy an egg. 
  • dlk7
    dlk7 Posts: 1,053
    Options

For the same price as a fully outfitted airocide with a decorative sleeve, floor mount and yearly change out of the reaction chamber, you can buy a brand new XL BGE.  I'll take the VOCs any day!!

Two XL BGEs - So Happy!!!!

Waunakee, WI