Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
National BBQ Month sure was tasty! We hope you got to try just as many new BBQ recipes as we did and some old favorites as well. If not, you can find all our BBQ recipes here and try them out all summer long. One of our favorites was Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise and Ted Reader’s Rum Injected Sweet Potatoes. As the weather’s heating up, use your EGG for a cool treat-Ice Cream Sandwiches! Keep an eye out for some Father’s Day recipes from chefs & their dads, coming soon!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Removes 100% of VOC's

TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,422
Stumbled upon this air purifier that claims to remove 100% of VOC's. Wondering if I mounted it on my Egg table I could start cooking sooner. https://www.airocide.com/ellen/how-it-works

Comments

• pretty cool!

·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,202
    Looks pretty sweet. Maybe the best toy from NASA since velcro. Besides all that space stuff.
    ·
  • SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 6,864
    I am a Q purist, it is all about time, watching the fire and waiting for just the right moment that my glass is empty and I am hungry enough to want something solid other than the olive in my Martini. Damn technology....
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
  • TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,422
    henapple said:
    The thing about cooking sooner or turbo is that it cuts the beer time down. I go low and slow...spatchcock? 4 hrs. Ribs? 12 hrs. Boston butt?...3 days....
    You can always start drinking before you light the Egg.  Ash needs to be cleaned out, lump reloaded, accessories gathered for the cook, etc.  And you need to take a break between each.  
  • I was hoping I could use this for a supercharged bathroom airfreshener.  Wilma says Glade doesn't cut it after I've been in there.  :-&

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

·
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 6,236
    Don't forget the SWMBO escape value of the low&slow (or the appearance thereof) cook.  Someone has to make sure the ----------- is doing well.  Of course, such adult supervision requires the accompanying beverage :)>-
    Louisville
    ·
  • ronthorontho Posts: 109
    Tjcoley said:
    henapple said:
    The thing about cooking sooner or turbo is that it cuts the beer time down. I go low and slow...spatchcock? 4 hrs. Ribs? 12 hrs. Boston butt?...3 days....
    You can always start drinking before you light the Egg.  Ash needs to be cleaned out, lump reloaded, accessories gathered for the cook, etc.  And you need to take a break between each.  
    I always tell the poor slobs (non egg owners) the first step to a perfect q is to open a beer, then buy an egg. 
    ·
  • dlk7dlk7 Posts: 1,001

For the same price as a fully outfitted airocide with a decorative sleeve, floor mount and yearly change out of the reaction chamber, you can buy a brand new XL BGE.  I'll take the VOCs any day!!

Two XL BGEs - So Happy!!!!

Waunakee, WI

·