Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

South Eastern Egging

Comments

• The only issue I see in the fall is scheduling around football.
    Killen, AL (The Shoals)
    XL, Small, Minimax, and Mini BGEs
  • Aviator
    Aviator Posts: 1,757

Its only a weekend.

I am just throwing out suggestions. Like Mikey said, pick a smaller people friendly place and some other issues like beverages may be more .... tolerated.

Large and Small BGE, Blackstone 36 and a baby black Kub.

Chattanooga, TN.

• LDR
    LDR Posts: 414

I don't know how far out of central Arkansas I'd haul the egg, but I could bring a load of Ozark Oak to cover those who do.  

• MrCookingNurse
    MrCookingNurse Posts: 4,665
    @biggreenbamagriller

where are you? what kind of traveling are you thinking? 

Back seat of a car is the safest place I'd think an egg could be!

I am in Columbus, Ms and don't really wanna drive more than 3 hours 

Birmingham and its outskirts look quiet central to me

XLBGE 
  • BigGreenBamaGriller
    BigGreenBamaGriller Posts: 629
    edited March 2013
    I live about 20 minutes south of downtown Birmingham. I have a four door jeep and a Tacoma, so I can figure a way to move them. I've got my eye on one of those egg carten things. Pretty sweet
    Killen, AL (The Shoals)
    XL, Small, Minimax, and Mini BGEs
  • JWBishop
    JWBishop Posts: 12
    I could bring my large. Birmingham area would probably be as far north as I could go.
  • Rezegger
    Rezegger Posts: 29
    I'm in Brandon, MS.
  • MrCookingNurse
    The egg carten is on my wish list. I've got a pot lifter and it is pretty nice. I use it to get my small in and out of the table and carry it around. Works one man. Two man and it'll move the large

XLBGE 
  • AUWAG
    AUWAG Posts: 73
    I am in Auburn, AL and my family owns a store that is a dealer. Lots of places to stay and things to do. Most weekends things are pretty open here besides football(even with our horrific year last year!) Let me know if I can do anything to help. There are several good spots here and we are pretty centrally located.

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    Aviator said:

Its only a weekend.

I am just throwing out suggestions. Like Mikey said, pick a smaller people friendly place and some other issues like beverages may be more .... tolerated.

I go before the full City Council each year as the park is dry and has a $350 fee to use it dry. For the past 3 years got it changed and fee dropped. All I am saying is things can be changed.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• AUWAG, I am in Auburn as well, we need to find a good place to have one. spring would be best time.
    If you're feelin' puny and you don't know what to do
    Treat yourself to some meat eat some barbeque
    - Robert Earl Keen

L BGE
    Auburn, AL
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    edited March 2013
    I might be down for something like this in the fall depending on the distance.  I'm also in GA.  I would love to combine with some camping.  I would definitely bring the small if the timing worked out.  I could bring the large as well...I'm just kinda lazy I don't really want to move it :)

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    I think fall would be good...might avoid rain and storms. As much as I'd like to have it here where i can be more involved, central Bama may be closer to everyone.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • SmokeyPitt
    Just to throw this out- Cheaha state park in Alabama is one place to check out.  I have camped there a couple of times.  It is a pretty standard "state park" campground.  Most of the camp sites are too close to the road and not too private...but all in all it is a nice place. They have several pavillion areas for rent.  One caveat is this place is crowded so if you don't get there early you will get stuck with the crappiest camp sites.  Basically, you want to try to get there by Friday lunch time.  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• MrCookingNurse
    @smokeypitt

I was thinking something like that. Rent a pavilion, make sure we can grill there, ad try and see if we could reserve a section of camp sites

XLBGE 
  • six_egg
    six_egg Posts: 1,110
    Looks like most are east of me. Here in Grenada, MS we have a nice lake and state park. Pavilions are free if reserved in advance.

XLBGE, LBGE 

Fernandina Beach, FL

• SmokeyPitt
    I suppose if you are trying to get close to B'ham as a central location then Oak mountain may be a better choice.  Here is a map of all the state parks in 'bama:

• wallyjar
    wallyjar Posts: 123
    I live outside of Mobile, AL went to last two Gulfport eggfests and been to North GA.

Local would be nioe and supported by the several of us from Mobile area.
  • Aviator

:( Have no way to load the egg in my Cessna. You guys can have it where-ever- the -f you want and will fly, but how do I get my egg there?

:((

Chattanooga, TN.

• Philicious
    Philicious Posts: 346
    Knoxville. Interested.
    Born and raised in NOLA. Now live in East TN.
  • SmokeyPitt
    Aviator said:

:( Have no way to load the egg in my Cessna. You guys can have it where-ever- the -f you want and will fly, but how do I get my egg there?

:((
    If you take me for a ride you can cook on my egg all you want.  

• MrCookingNurse
    @aviator

That's why I got the small!! It can fit in the Stinson

Maybe you should get a mini ;)

XLBGE 
  • MrCookingNurse
    six_egg said:

Looks like most are east of me. Here in Grenada, MS we have a nice lake and state park. Pavilions are free if reserved in advance.

Grenada lake would be nice! Central alabama is looking strong

XLBGE 
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,629
    Joe wheeler state park is really nice but they only reserve A spot not certain spots. Maybe we need to decide how many "spots" we think we will need and then call around and see which places can accommodate us. Central Alabama sounds good to me too. That is where I live. B-)

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,629
    http://www.camp-fish-rv-park-arrowheadpark-alabama.lanastest.com/

Take a look at this place. Nothing special just a little mom n pops place here in Cullman county on Smith Lake. If we plan far enough in advance We might can rent the whole place for a couple nights.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    That's funny...i was going to suggest Cullman....nice and quiet. We need a place reasonably close to nice hotels.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Rickwood Caverns State park is nice place,  and only 2 miles off I65,  Cambles air strip is like 2-3 miles away,
    I went to bed last night mean and woke up meaner !  
    "Matt Dillon"

• MrCookingNurse

Rickwood Caverns State park is nice place,  and only 2 miles off I65,  Cambles air strip is like 2-3 miles away,

@toolmaster
    You go to Campbell's?? I've landed there 2 or 3 times and ate across the street.

XLBGE 
  • SmokeyPitt
    Heck if everyone has an airplane then I vote for some place near the Cherokee County Airport! 

• Aviator
    edited March 2013

What now? A fly in eggfest?

I like where this is going.

Chattanooga, TN.