Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Prime rib?

Options
JDS
JDS Posts: 4
Smoked or not prime rib recipes??
Thanx
JDS

Comments

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    I use a mustard/Worcestershire rub with kosher salt and cracked peeper. Cooked on a rack with a pan underneath with a little broth to catch the drippings....keeps it from burning. I slow cook then reverse sear.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    I found this nice piece of Angus beef at Kroger. Rubbed with Olive oil, stuffed and smeared with garlic, seasoned with Chef Ivo's Robust Ribeye Steak seasoning and Kosher salt. Cooking indirect at 300 dome temp. You can also see the new Mangrate my wife got me for Christmas. 

I did this a month ago turned out great. I added just a few Jack Daniels chips.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    We prefer to let the meat speak, maybe some salt and pepper and rosemary. Cooked at lowest possible and then a reverse sear. 
    Enjoy!
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • JRWhitee
    Options
    The finished product!

Here is the finish pulled at 130 and let rest while I grilled the asparagus. This was fantastic served with au jus and horseradish sour cream, my Buddy Charlie and I had to dual for that last peace then we decided to split it.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • EddieK76
    EddieK76 Posts: 416
    Options
    I do a horseradish, rosemary and thyme paste with some olive oil and garlic.  Make it ever year for XMas....It's a Tyler Florence recipe and it's fantastic!
    Large BGE

• Dave in Florida
    Options
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Welcome to the Swamp.....GO GATORS!!!!
  • daffy1909
    daffy1909 Posts: 498
    Options
    JRWhitee said:
    I found this nice piece of Angus beef at Kroger. Rubbed with Olive oil, stuffed and smeared with garlic, seasoned with Chef Ivo's Robust Ribeye Steak seasoning and Kosher salt. Cooking indirect at 300 dome temp. You can also see the new Mangrate my wife got me for Christmas. 
    did u get pics of the final result???? or was it that good,it was gone before u knew it?!!! gonna try that this week end exceopt use hickory chunks instead!
    I did this a month ago turned out great. I added just a few Jack Daniels chips.

:D
  • JRWhitee
    Options
    Three posts up from here where it says finished product, best prime rib I have ever cooked.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • billyray
    billyray Posts: 1,275
    edited April 2013
    Options
    <P>Here's a good reverse sear method. <A href="http://www.nibblemethis.com/2011/12/reverse-seared-prime-rib-roast.html">http://www.nibblemethis.com/2011/12/reverse-seared-prime-rib-roast.html</A></P>
    <P> Here's a good mild horse radish sauce recipe.</P>
    <DIV class=Message>
    <DIV class="Message Excerpt">
    <P>Mustard </P>Horseradish Sauce:
    <UL class=kv-ingred-list3>
    <LI>1 1/2 cups good mayonnaise </LI>
    <LI>3 tablespoons Dijon mustard </LI>
    <LI>1 1/2 tablespoons whole-grain mustard </LI>
    <LI>1 tablespoon prepared </LI>horseradish
    <LI>1/3 cup sour cream </LI>
    <LI>1/4 teaspoon kosher salt </LI></UL>
    <DIV class=fn_instructions>
    <P>Whisk together the mayonnaise, mustards, </P>horseradish, sour cream, and salt in a small bowl.
    <P>We also use it on baked potatoes, asparagus, broccoli,etc.</P></DIV></DIV></DIV>
    Felton, Ca. 2-LBGE, 1-Small, PBC, PK360, Genesis Summit, Camp Chef Flattop, Smokefire 24, Traeger Pro Series 22 Pellet with a Smoke Daddy insert, Gateway 55 Gal. drum, SNS Kettle w/acc.
  • MikeElliott
    Options
    Dadgum JR, now what am I suppose to eat for dinner?