Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope you had a hoppy Easter and are ready to spring into warm weather cooking mode! There’s nothing better than spending time outdoors with the sweet aroma of fresh cooked Ribs. Baseball season is also underway, so it's the perfect time to try out some chicken wing variations! We have Jamaican Jerk, Lemon Pepper, Fired-Up Wings and even a Whiskey Onion and Chicken Steak if wings aren't your thing. Bon appetit!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Glazed pork chops

Whenever I grill pork chops, I like to put a pepper jelly glaze on top to give a slight sweet, tangy flavor.  On this, I used Passion Fruit Jalapeño jelly.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
Just west of Austintatious

·

Comments

• EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 10,824
    I missed these bad boys! Nice looking cook. How did you do the snow peas, stove or egg?
    ·
  • bodskibodski Posts: 353
    Looks great, VI. When do you add the jelly?

Cincinnati

LBGE, Weber Kettle, Weber Gasser

·
  • Village IdiotVillage Idiot Posts: 6,951
    Thanks.

@Eggcelsior . Usually, I cook the snow peas on the stove, and if my wife isn't looking, I put in a slice or two of bacon to cook it with.

@bodski . I add the jelly a minute or so before pulling it off to let it melt some.

Dripping Springs, Texas.

·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,113
    Are out wives Sisters?
    Nice cook man.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
    Mickey said:
    Are our wives Sisters? Nice cook man.
    No, it's in their DNA, like buying anything that has a sign on it that says "Sale".

Dripping Springs, Texas.

·
  • ChubbsChubbs Posts: 4,793
    Beautiful pic VI. Man I missed those as well. I have not done pork chops in quite some time. Thanks for inspiration. Those snow peas from your garden?
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
    ·
  • Hi54puttyHi54putty Posts: 1,550
    Any particular brand of pepper jelly? I have tried a few and haven't found one I love.
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
    ·
  • Nice cook VI.  I almost forgot about your exquisite plating skills!

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

·
    edited March 2013
    @chubbs .  Thanks.  No, too early for snow peas from my garden.  I do have some coming up, though.

@Fred19Flintstone . Thanks, Fred !

Dripping Springs, Texas.

·
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 5,978
    Beautiful plate! If I had your presentation skills I'm not sure if I could bring myself to eat it and mess up the plate ;)

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

·
  • bodskibodski Posts: 353
    Beautiful plate! If I had your presentation skills I'm not sure if I could bring myself to eat it and mess up the plate ;)
    It would take me all day just to whittle that carrot.

Cincinnati

LBGE, Weber Kettle, Weber Gasser

·
  • GrannyX4GrannyX4 Posts: 1,438
    I've missed you and your inspirations for new cooks. Thanks. We'll give this one a go after the Grands leave. ;;)
    Every day is a bonus day and every meal is a banquet in Winter Springs, Fl !
    ·
  • shtgunal3shtgunal3 Posts: 2,902
    Nice chops...my wife don't like me using bacon with peas or green beans either

LBGE,SBGE, and a mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

·
  • billyraybillyray Posts: 1,120
    Hi54putty said:
    Any particular brand of pepper jelly? I have tried a few and haven't found one I love.

Here's one we been using on pork lately and really like it. The apricot pairs nicely with pork.

http://www.primosgourmetfood.com/store/pc/pepper-cot-14-0-oz-9p129.htm

Felton, Ca. 2-LBGE, 1-Small and waiting on a mini
    ·
  • bodski said:

It would take me all day just to whittle that carrot.

Me too!

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

·
  • BOWHUNRBOWHUNR Posts: 1,433
    Very nice cook VI.  I always enjoy your photos and presentation.  Glad to see you posting again.

Mike

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE
    ·
  • U_tardedU_tarded Posts: 1,253
    simply brilliant

·