Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Are you happy it’s finally National BBQ Month? While we like to BBQ year round, May is our favorite because the whole country is celebrating delicious food. If you’re new to cooking BBQ on your EGG, check out our Smoking Basics Publication...if not, proceed to some of our favorite recipes! We love Dr. BBQ’s Coffee Rubbed Brisket, Famous Dave’s Sticky Ribs and Virginia Willis’ Pulled Pork. Pair with this cheesy favorite for a winning way to start off May!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Salado recipes

13»

Comments

• cazzycazzy Posts: 7,537

can I like twice?

Sure you can!

I wasn't there, but I had a feeling that Trav has always been annoyed by what that thread became. I bet he cringes everything that thread makes front page lol

Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ...
    ·
  • cazzy said:
    can I like twice?

Sure you can! I wasn't there, but I had a feeling that Trav has always been annoyed by what that thread became. I bet he cringes everything that thread makes front page lol
    I wouldn't get too carried away. He does love him some Travis.

·
  • travisstricktravisstrick Posts: 4,794
    There is no finer cook on the forum:)
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
    ·
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 6,752
    @Cen-Tex: Darn it... I was in brisket bliss and ended up chatting with Janelle and @henapple for a good while, so never got around to talking about Indian grub. If you're in my neck of the woods anytime, I can fire up my homebrewed tandoor and we can do some ol skool tandoori cooking. Its (one of the few things) better than the egg. I know that's blasphemous. i would bring it to an eggfest, but if you think an egg is heavy, try moving that motha.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    ·
  • Cali- I'm in for sure. TFJ and I are coming down for a Dim Sum walking tour in Houston ( I think you are in Houston right?) with a lady we did a Chinese cooking class with here in Austin. VI took the same class down there and has done the tour with her already and says it was cool. Would be a fun Saturday to get together for the tour during the day and do Tandoor at night. 

·
  • Village IdiotVillage Idiot Posts: 6,951
    edited March 2013
    Cali- I'm in for sure. TFJ and I are coming down for a Dim Sum walking tour in Houston ( I think you are in Houston right?)

Do you have a date set?  Pam and I will sit at a table next to you all.  I'll wear a bow tie and Speedos  so you'll know I'm not one of the regular Chinese patrons.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

·
  • Cali- I'm in for sure. TFJ and I are coming down for a Dim Sum walking tour in Houston ( I think you are in Houston right?)

Do you have a date set?  Pam and I will sit at a table next to you all.  I'll wear a bow tie and Speedos  so you'll know I'm not one of the regular Chinese patrons.
    I don't. I need to jump on her site and see what she has available. Are you going to wear 2 speedos or just the one? That makes all the difference

·
    Cali- I'm in for sure. TFJ and I are coming down for a Dim Sum walking tour in Houston ( I think you are in Houston right?)

I don't. I need to jump on her site and see what she has available. Are you going to wear 2 speedos or just the one? That makes all the difference
    ahem...........
    ·
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 6,752
    @VI: extra credit if its a tartan speedo.

I'm sorry if I'm veering way OT, but we are totally in for a dim sum tour. My other passion is Asian food in all forms (like Schezwan the most), and Houston has plenty of it. SWMBO used to know how to make xiao long bao and learnt how to throw noodles by hand from a friend some time ago.

In short, either we'll crash your tour or look for the table with a bunch of folks in speedos next to you... and a Vespa out front.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    ·
  • caliking said:
    @VI: extra credit if its a tartan speedo.

I'm sorry if I'm veering way OT, but we are totally in for a dim sum tour. My other passion is Asian food in all forms (like Schezwan the most), and Houston has plenty of it. SWMBO used to know how to make xiao long bao and learnt how to throw noodles by hand from a friend some time ago.

In short, either we'll crash your tour or look for the table with a bunch of folks in speedos next to you... and a Vespa out front.

awesome. I'll check Dorothy's site and see when we can put it together. Sounds awesome to me

·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,076
    If you take @travisstrick he can come up with the Dim Sum "travis method".
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,168
    @Cen-Tex and anyone who would like to join us for lunch. I will drag Travis off Fort Hood and go to a very good Korean place in Killeen.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,076
    Dammit...I'm leaving Waco tonight.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,030
    Business in the back, party in the front.

It's the new mullet. If it is tartan, we'll call it the "bangers and mash"
    ·
    henapple said:

If you take @travisstrick he can come up with the Dim Sum "travis method".

Darn you. I thought we had a talk about that.
    ·
  • FoghornFoghorn Posts: 2,257

"I'll wear a bow tie and Speedo..."

Apparently you can take the boy out of Chippendales, but ...

XL BGE, Klose BYC, ProQ Excel, Weber Kettle, Firepit, Grand Turbo gasser, and a portable Outdoor Gourmet gasser for tailgating

San Antonio, TX

·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,030
    Foghorn said:

"I'll wear a bow tie and Speedo..."

Apparently you can take the boy out of Chippendales, but ...

I like my Mankini's shaken, not stirred.
    ·
  • FoghornFoghorn Posts: 2,257

"I like my Mankini's shaken, not stirred."

TMI

XL BGE, Klose BYC, ProQ Excel, Weber Kettle, Firepit, Grand Turbo gasser, and a portable Outdoor Gourmet gasser for tailgating

San Antonio, TX

·