Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
As we round out National BBQ Month, we hope you’ve gotten to try some new recipes that will keep you cooking all summer long. Check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Check out my firebox

Well beneath my firebox I guess.  I cleaned it out extra well tonight and the fiery glow from inside looked especially cool.  So I stuck my phone down there and took a few pictures.  While doing so I caught the before, during, and after of a burning ember falling fromt the fire grate.  Me thinks it was kinda cool.

Before:

During:

Almost after:

After:

Although it looked large the ember was pretty much nothing - just a streaking fad.

And that's the story of my firebox tonight.  
·

Comments

• Beautiful! If dr BBQ, Mozart, and Andy warhol had a love child, he would do this all day.

Pretty neat pics.
    Killen, AL (The Shoals)
    XL, Small, Minimax, and Mini BGEs
    ·
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 6,791
    So what was the IT of the phone when you pulled it? :)) Just kidding. Cool pics!

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    ·
  • SmokinDAWG82SmokinDAWG82 Posts: 1,704
    Cool, nice timing on the second pic
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
    ·
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 6,368
    Nice!

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

·
  • CPARKTXCPARKTX Posts: 1,013
    Nice shots!
    LBGE & SBGE.  Central Texas.  
    ·
  • YEMTreyYEMTrey Posts: 2,300
    Great pics.
    XL BGE and Mini Max in Cincinnati, Ohio
    "REMEMBER DUANE ALLMAN"
    ·
  • six_eggsix_egg Posts: 603
    Nice pictures. Would have been cool to do a what is this and have people guess.

XLBGE, LBGE growing accessories.

Want: Ceramicgrillworks 2 tier large, Dutch oven, Cyber Q Wifi

Grenada, MS

·