Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Salado recipes

Options
13»

Comments

• cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options

can I like twice?

Sure you can!

I wasn't there, but I had a feeling that Trav has always been annoyed by what that thread became. I bet he cringes everything that thread makes front page lol

Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    cazzy said:
    can I like twice?

Sure you can! I wasn't there, but I had a feeling that Trav has always been annoyed by what that thread became. I bet he cringes everything that thread makes front page lol
    I wouldn't get too carried away. He does love him some Travis.
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    Options
    There is no finer cook on the forum:)
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    @Cen-Tex: Darn it... I was in brisket bliss and ended up chatting with Janelle and @henapple for a good while, so never got around to talking about Indian grub. If you're in my neck of the woods anytime, I can fire up my homebrewed tandoor and we can do some ol skool tandoori cooking. Its (one of the few things) better than the egg. I know that's blasphemous. i would bring it to an eggfest, but if you think an egg is heavy, try moving that motha.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Cali- I'm in for sure. TFJ and I are coming down for a Dim Sum walking tour in Houston ( I think you are in Houston right?) with a lady we did a Chinese cooking class with here in Austin. VI took the same class down there and has done the tour with her already and says it was cool. Would be a fun Saturday to get together for the tour during the day and do Tandoor at night. 
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Cali- I'm in for sure. TFJ and I are coming down for a Dim Sum walking tour in Houston ( I think you are in Houston right?)

Do you have a date set?  Pam and I will sit at a table next to you all.  I'll wear a bow tie and Speedos  so you'll know I'm not one of the regular Chinese patrons.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Cali- I'm in for sure. TFJ and I are coming down for a Dim Sum walking tour in Houston ( I think you are in Houston right?)

Do you have a date set?  Pam and I will sit at a table next to you all.  I'll wear a bow tie and Speedos  so you'll know I'm not one of the regular Chinese patrons.
    I don't. I need to jump on her site and see what she has available. Are you going to wear 2 speedos or just the one? That makes all the difference
  • travisstrick
    Options

I don't. I need to jump on her site and see what she has available. Are you going to wear 2 speedos or just the one? That makes all the difference
    ahem...........
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    @VI: extra credit if its a tartan speedo.

I'm sorry if I'm veering way OT, but we are totally in for a dim sum tour. My other passion is Asian food in all forms (like Schezwan the most), and Houston has plenty of it. SWMBO used to know how to make xiao long bao and learnt how to throw noodles by hand from a friend some time ago.

In short, either we'll crash your tour or look for the table with a bunch of folks in speedos next to you... and a Vespa out front.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    caliking said:
    @VI: extra credit if its a tartan speedo.

I'm sorry if I'm veering way OT, but we are totally in for a dim sum tour. My other passion is Asian food in all forms (like Schezwan the most), and Houston has plenty of it. SWMBO used to know how to make xiao long bao and learnt how to throw noodles by hand from a friend some time ago.

In short, either we'll crash your tour or look for the table with a bunch of folks in speedos next to you... and a Vespa out front.

awesome. I'll check Dorothy's site and see when we can put it together. Sounds awesome to me
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    If you take @travisstrick he can come up with the Dim Sum "travis method".
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    @Cen-Tex and anyone who would like to join us for lunch. I will drag Travis off Fort Hood and go to a very good Korean place in Killeen.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Dammit...I'm leaving Waco tonight.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Business in the back, party in the front.

It's the new mullet. If it is tartan, we'll call it the "bangers and mash"
  • travisstrick
    Options
    henapple said:

If you take @travisstrick he can come up with the Dim Sum "travis method".

Darn you. I thought we had a talk about that.
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,834
    Options

"I'll wear a bow tie and Speedo..."

Apparently you can take the boy out of Chippendales, but ...

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Foghorn said:

"I'll wear a bow tie and Speedo..."

Apparently you can take the boy out of Chippendales, but ...

I like my Mankini's shaken, not stirred.
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,834
    Options

"I like my Mankini's shaken, not stirred."

TMI

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX