Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

How long can I hold Apps

Options
Having some people over this weekend and cooking some ribs. I want to make some tasty apps to serve before hand. If I cook wings, ABT's, Turtle eggs before I start the ribs can I keep them warm in the oven for a couple of hours. I know I need another egg but won't happen in time. I could also cook on my second grid above the ribs but didn't want other tastes dripping on my ribs.  Any help would be appreciated!
LBGE
Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA

Comments

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    You can put them in aluminum serving trays with foil on top in a 200 degree oven or, if your oven has a warming feature use that. I recommend the oven itself instead of a warming drawer; the oven is fully insulated and will warm up and shut off to maintain temp. The drawer is not insulated so it just blows hot air the whole time.
  • SmokinDAWG82
    SmokinDAWG82 Posts: 1,705
    Options
    Thanks Egg wonder how long they will hold without drying out?
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    What kind of apps?
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • SmokinDAWG82
    SmokinDAWG82 Posts: 1,705
    Options
    @henapple, probably wings and ABT's
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Sorry...missed the list in the op.

The only thing I'd be concerned about would be the bacon getting soggy. If you have the time...cook a few and try it out. I've ftc'ed apps but not for hours. Maybe in a warm oven loosely covered so they don't steam. Let us know.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • jlsm
    jlsm Posts: 1,011
    Options
    A couple of weeks ago, I was forced to serve ABTs at room temp. I didn't cover until cool, so they weren't too soggy. Though a little better warm, they were fine and greatly appreciated. 
    Owner of a large and a beloved mini in Philadelphia