Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope you had a great Labor Day and are excited for the start of the NFL this week. If you’re not a sports fan, you can celebrate National Breakfast Month all September and National Cheese Pizza Day on September 5. We can’t wait to share some awesome fall recipes with you all! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Another Egghead Joins the Cult

My buddy called me the other day and said it was official, he became an egghead. He loved coming to my house and messing around with my XL and knew the egg was the cooker for him. His Large BGE was delivered yesterday.  We'll be building his table this weekend. I'll get him to join the forum too. He was asking me about indirect setups because he did not buy a plate setter.

I have the plate setter, but recommended he check out the Ceramic Grill Store web site before making a decision. I couldn't give him advice on which setup to get, so I'm looking for your suggestions.

I know that he plans on cooking pizzas, but also is interested in all of our bbq favorites like butts, briskets, chicken and ribs. I know that the sky is the limit with these setups, but what do you recommend? Will he need 2 pizza stones or 1? I would assume 1 stone would be the indirect piece, and the 2nd would be for the pizza itself. Should he go for the adjustable rig, or should he go with a woo? What comes with the rig? Tom's site is great, but the options are overwhelming.

Thanks Guys.
Mark Annville, PA

Comments