Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Small Egg goes to the lake

2»

Comments

• Solson005
    Solson005 Posts: 1,911
    @Scottborasjr I have the CGS small woo and their 10" stone on the crossbars. 
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
  • Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    Okay, I have both of those on order for the small, so hopefully I can duplicate your experience at the lake this summer. Thanks man.
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • Solson005
    Sure @Scottborasjr I will be doing it again and I will make a more detailed post. I was enjoying the weekend too much to keep track of the little stuff but it turned out great! My woo lives in the small egg and I have not ever cooked without it, I think you'll love it. 
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
  • Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    Now after I ordered, thinking about getting a second 10 inch stone to do pizzas, this is what I get for ordering at midnight.
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • STANGOJE
    STANGOJE Posts: 44
    The heck with the Small Egg, I want a Lake House Like that!!!
  • Solson005
    @STANGOJE I agree, nice to have friends with places like that! But the egg is a perfect accessory to the deck.. I think they have been through 2 or 3 gas grills that are just below the BGE cost since they got the house a few years ago. So they could have bought a XL and it would still be working great. 
  • CPARKTX
    CPARKTX Posts: 2,095
    @Solson005 - I'm trying to talk myself into a Small to cook while camping, etc.  You obviously do a lot of that...I saw the turkey you did (looked great), what else can you fit on a small?  Ribs?  Can you fit spatchcock chicken?  
    LBGE & SBGE.  Central Texas.  
  • RAC
    RAC Posts: 1,688
    CPARKTX - Do youself a favor and get the small for camping. We wouldn't go camping without our small. So nice to cook on the egg away from home. Were are you from?

Ricky

Boerne, TX

• CPARKTX
    @RAC -- I am in Central Texas (Austin/Cedar Park area).  Where are you?  
  • RAC
    RAC Posts: 1,688
    Spring just north of Houston

Ricky

Boerne, TX

• Solson005
    edited March 2013
    @CPARKTX That is exactly why I got the small egg to keep the great tasting food going away from home. Spatchcock chicken was another reason I went with the small as it is a great cheap cook that can feed a few people. 

Here is a tri-tip on it

With the CGS Woo you can put a 12" wok and have a mobile stir fry party!

I use the bge 12" pizza stone and it works great, this was the first pizza on it and with 00 flour so it blends in. 

Here is a couple filets of salmon

here is the 9 lb turkey that you mentioned. (incase anyone else wanted to see it)

I haven't done ribs on it yet, but @cazzy has in his post 

@R2Egg2Q has a few good posts stuffing briskets in the small egg

I couldn't agree more @RAC
  • Solson005
    @Scottborasjr I would try using one stone first. My last cook I just had the firebricks to raise the pizza stone up off the grate to clear the woo handles and the 12" stone and the pizzas came out great. I can go into detail more with you later when you go to make pizzas on it. 
  • CPARKTX
    @Solson005 -- Thanks for the information and photos...I think I'm sold.  
  • Solson005
    @CPARKTX your welcome, like I've said before I travel with mine almost weekly and really enjoy having a portable egg.