Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

For those of you who have not been to a Salado Eggfest

Options
Many people think that the Salado Eggfest is like all the others ... people sitting around drinking Mint Jeulips or eating bon-bons, and everything magically comes into place from the work of their servants.  Not Salado.

These people work !!!!

Just take a look at a random video of Saturday morning.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
Just west of Austintatious

Comments

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Just so you know...that's the newbie down in the right hand corner prepping his ass off while @travisstrick (yellow shirt) cooks his while milling around drinking Shiner Bocks. Lesson learned.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    Options
    Henapple, I dont think you left your prep area the whole time. I'm still waiting on the pepper recipe. 
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,348
    Options
    @V_I- I have not been to Salado and for some reason cannot see your videos posted here (but did see the Road to Salado (exceptional-BTW) one on the other site) and thoroughly appreciate where you are coming from.  I did give props to Spring Hen, Mickey, henapple and Nola (sure I missed several but not intentional) early Sunday on a thread here (before the alcohol must have been metabolized) as I can certainly understand the work to pull off anything of value.  All that said, Shiner Bock could make for a fun day!  And it is on my bucket list...
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    I see said the blind man. Cool Gary
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• U_tarded
    U_tarded Posts: 2,042
    Options
    @henapple I watched it 4 times man did you ever quit. All I see is work work work
  • double
    double Posts: 1,214
    Options
    haha fantastic Travis obviously doesn't like standing still...
    Lynnwood WA
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    What a great EggFest!  I wasn't even there and I've been entertained for a couple of days now!  Thanks VI!
    Flint, Michigan