Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

@travistrick Deal Sites

nolaegghead
nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
edited March 2013 in Off Topic
bensbargains.net
dealsucker.com
1saleaday.com
spoofee.com
woot.com
amazon's "Today's Deals" link

a trick I use, especially for consumables, on Amazon (but just about anything Amazon sells):
If you find something you want, look at the "Used" in buying choices.  Look for seller "Amazon Warehouse Deals" - this is returned stuff, the condition is always under-rated and the price can be way lower.  For example, bought some planer blades for half price - who wants to buy used planer blades?  No one.  That's why the price is so low.  But they're not used...the package was opened.  Also bought AC filters and stuff like that with a giant discount.

Comments

• Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    edited March 2013
    Great advice NOLA. 
    In addition, for the Canucks out there, check the .com site then simply edit the "om" to an "a", accessing the amazon.ca site. Sometimes they are the same allowing you to compare prices. Same goes for Bed Bath & Beyond etc.... 
    My Maverick was actually less on the .ca site and it was shipped to my door from a US supplier, go figure....
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Guys, if you shop online, and use amazon. Get amazon prime! It is only $79 or less a year and you get free 2 day shipping on prime items. Also $3.99 for next or same day delivery. I have literally purchased a 80" LED at 5pm, and had it come the next day by 10am for $3.99! I have also purchased an item needed to repair a customers laptop at 6am, and literally had it delivered the SAME DAY for $3.99. Again free 2 day on everything (that has the prime logo.)

This has saved me a ton on shipping since signing up for the holiday season 2 years ago. Plus, the free streaming and auto-music downloads are sweet too.
  • nolaegghead
    Yeah, prime is awesome.  I bought something recently that weighed around 150 pounds and got it next day for $3.99 shipping.

Travis and I were talking web deals and I said I'd share the sites I regularly look at.  Oh, and there's a woot-off today.

That's not too shabby for that Vizio
  • travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    Thanks mon. I've been glued to the woot off already.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    Be careful- wootoffs are crazy addictive... Especially if you're in the game for the elusive Bag of Cr@p.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • nolaegghead
    The quality of the BOC (aka bandolier of carrots aka bag o crap) has dropped considerably lately.  You can't say it doesn't live up to its name. ;)
    BOC no longer exists. Tanga.com is another deal site. Also dealextreme is from china and meritline are both good for cheap electronics. I got a 1200 lumen cree led for $18 on meritline.
  • nolaegghead
    I've bought lots of stuff from dealextreme - great for cheap LED flashlights.  Shipping takes between 1 and 12 weeks.

Really?  They got rid of the BOC?
    I just got a wifi relay from bensdeals
  • Kosko
    Kosko Posts: 535
    Steepandcheap.com is also a pretty good site with deals every 15 minutes I believe.
    Peachtree City, Ga Large BGE
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Yeah haven't seen a boc in several woot offs.
  • Lit
    Nola if you like flashlights a company wicked lasers makes one called the torch. Has 100 watt halogen bulb and is 4100 lumens. Its comparable to the headlights in my car. There's several YouTube videos on it. Not good for close up though. Its so bright that if you look at what you are shining it on it blinds you.
  • travisstrick
    I am a huge flashlight nerd. I gave can-tex one of my favs on sat. If you want advice on buying them, im your man. 
  • Lit
    Travis you should check out the wicked lasers website. They have a handheld laser smaller than a flashlight that is visible for 85 miles.
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,867
    Anyone spot a good deal on mangrates yet?
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • nolaegghead
    I'm a major flashlight geek.  My favorite right now is a 850 lumen Fenix TK35.

I have a giant stash of 18650 batteries and I can't find the damn things....ended up putting CR123As in my light the other day.
    I have a huge stash of 123a. I find you get what you pay for in 3v lithium. Streamlight is my fav brand. Sure fire is equal but cost more.
  • nolaegghead
    I bought a 40 pack.  But I almost never use them...the 18650's put out more current.

Tell all your buddies to give you any laptop batteries that go bad.  I get 'em from work (lots of laptops) and take the batteries out.  They're high quality 18650s.  I put them on a discharge/charger and measure the capacity, write it on the side with a sharpie.  Then I use those number to reject and pair batteries.  Can't beat free.  Be careful you don't blow yourself up.

Typically only one or two cells will go bad and turn the whole laptop battery bad.

I got the 123a's and then got the D cell blanks that hold 2 123as so you get 7.2 volts in a single battery. Put one regular d cell and then the 7.2 volts and it blew the bulb immediately. Went and got a stronger bulb and it makes the mag light like 5 times brighter.
  • FanOfFanboys
    FanOfFanboys Posts: 2,615

Guys, if you shop online, and use amazon. Get amazon prime! It is only $79 or less a year and you get free 2 day shipping on prime items. Also $3.99 for next or same day delivery. I have literally purchased a 80" LED at 5pm, and had it come the next day by 10am for $3.99! I have also purchased an item needed to repair a customers laptop at 6am, and literally had it delivered the SAME DAY for $3.99. Again free 2 day on everything (that has the prime logo.)

Also get prime videos. App for iPad and PS3 I use. Also if own a kindle get one free loaner book a month (choose from list)
    Also with prime can share membership with up to 4(?) maybe 5 so I split cost of membership. Cost me about $20 for year of prime after splitting w/ 3 others.
    Boom
  • travisstrick
    I bought a 40 pack.  But I almost never use them...the 18650's put out more current.

Tell all your buddies to give you any laptop batteries that go bad.  I get 'em from work (lots of laptops) and take the batteries out.  They're high quality 18650s.  I put them on a discharge/charger and measure the capacity, write it on the side with a sharpie.  Then I use those number to reject and pair batteries.  Can't beat free.  Be careful you don't blow yourself up.

Typically only one or two cells will go bad and turn the whole laptop battery bad.

Try for a second to imagine how may laptops the US Army has...................

The office I work in is in charge of over 4,000 folks. I can get all the "bad" laptop batts I want. Send me a txt so i can get your number. 850 450 8900
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    I bought a 40 pack.

Cool.  S&W?  I had a .Sig 380 and Travis was packing a 9mm.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• nolaegghead
    I bought a 40 pack.

Cool.  S&W?  I had a .Sig 380 and Travis was packing a 9mm.
    hahah I barely escaped out of there with my life, ey?
    texted