Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
National BBQ Month sure was tasty! We hope you got to try just as many new BBQ recipes as we did and some old favorites as well. If not, you can find all our BBQ recipes here and try them out all summer long. One of our favorites was Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise and Ted Reader’s Rum Injected Sweet Potatoes. As the weather’s heating up, use your EGG for a cool treat-Ice Cream Sandwiches! Keep an eye out for some Father’s Day recipes from chefs & their dads, coming soon!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Hey @Nola....

ChubbsChubbs Posts: 5,115
Did you ever do the bacon infused vodka??? Thoughts?
Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
·

Comments

• NOLA and I finished our 9-hour drive back to New Orleans with just enough light left for me to wash the bugs off the Bimmer. He read a book while I drove (I'm a bad passenger anyway so I'm better off driving). I talked to Sanchez about my new favorite car wax; it's Collinite Insulator Wax #845. For all you car fanatics (and Vespa fanatics) this stuff is the BOMB. Never seen such a shine or beading with anything else. Granted, it's not as easy to remove as Carnauba wax; more like old school paste wax -- but the results are well worth it. Attaching a pic of the rivers running off my hood as I was rinsing it this evening... waxed it mid February.
    He's up in the attic fixing the A/C (such a handy man to have around!), but said he's never done the Bacon Vodka. Might be good in a Bloody Mary, though.
    ·

• bimmer.jpg 88.3K
    ·
  • OH... while NOLA was dutifully unpacking our things, he pulled out his Shun knife that he had brought to Salado... then another identical one. Anyone mourning the loss can contact him for prompt return. Sorry!
    ·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 14,055
    @Chubbs - I've been unplugged all day reading a book cover to cover on the road.  Now fixing he AC.  Buddy helping me with decking the attic a while back drove a framing nail through the low voltage wire.  Fixed the heater by pulling out the nail but I'm doing a little surgery to get the AC working...it's 80F in the house, and that sh*t don't fly in our crib.

I'd like to do the bacon vodka....I will do the bacon vodka...I will drink the bacon vodka.  Right now we're schwettin our butts off with the humidity.  I'll get back on the forum after a few drinks to find out all the embarrassing things I did at Salado later tonight.

·
    Yeah, one of us must have picked up an identical Shun Ken Onion Chef's knife.  Noticed an extra while unpacking.  I'll post a thread on that so it's more visible and send it back to the owner once identified (prolly be 10 peoples' knife :D )

·
  • Yeah, one of us must have picked up an identical Shun Ken Onion Chef's knife.  Noticed an extra while unpacking.  I'll post a thread on that so it's more visible and send it back to the owner once identified (prolly be 10 peoples' knife :D )
    "ONE OF US"??????
    ·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,276
    Flo ri da....you the knife freak.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • travisstricktravisstrick Posts: 4,808
    It's mine.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
    ·
    That makes sense.  Our schtuff was all mixed up in that corner.  PM me where you want it.  I'll send it this week with a bunch of nola schwag.

·
  • send him a little of the white stuff with it.

·
    Sure, I just need your return address.....then consider it done :D

·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,189
    Don't forget a mirror so he can cut lines with the knife.
    ·
    If I include a mirror, he'll end up meat-gluing his hand to his meat.

·
    And, lets stay on topic. This is all about bacon vodka.

·
  • I'll give you Cazzy's address

·
    Sex, drugs, and rock & roll baby!
    ·
    I supplied the rock-n-roll with the (prolly never get invited back) ghetto blaster.

·
  • FoghornFoghorn Posts: 2,400

I'm picturing Travis with the mirror glued to his face.... Having to stare at his own reflection....

Would serve him right.

XL BGE, Klose BYC, ProQ Excel, Weber Kettle, Firepit, Grand Turbo gasser, and a portable Outdoor Gourmet gasser for tailgating

San Antonio, TX

·
  • Foghorn said:

I'm picturing Travis with the mirror glued to his face.... Having to stare at his own reflection....

Would serve him right.

Ha!

·
    Foghorn said:

Would serve him right.

He won't mind.

He's sexy and he knows it.
    ·
  • I'm picturing Travis with the mirror glued to his face.... Having to stare at his own reflection....

Would serve him right.

He won't mind. He's sexy and he knows it.

·
    Dude, classic!

·
  • travisstricktravisstrick Posts: 4,808
    It's not really mine. I have been shopping online for one. I really like the shroud on top of the choil. 
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
    ·
    snap!  You had me.

·
    If Nola played that while Travis danced in that kilt, panties would have been flying.

I'm definitely going to be there next year.
    ·
  • If Nola played that while Travis danced in that kilt, panties would have been flying. I'm definitely going to be there next year.

who says they weren't flying?

·
  • FoghornFoghorn Posts: 2,400
    Did you show her the picture of you in a kilt?  And she's still mad?

XL BGE, Klose BYC, ProQ Excel, Weber Kettle, Firepit, Grand Turbo gasser, and a portable Outdoor Gourmet gasser for tailgating

San Antonio, TX

·

If Nola played that while Travis danced in that kilt, panties would have been flying.

I'm definitely going to be there next year.

who says they weren't flying?

No one had black eyes in VI's video. Plus it appears that SWMBO kept her aeration device sheathed.
    ·