Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Austin EggFest April 27th

Options
Now that I have my first EggFest under my belt, I'm ready for another (I hear they are addicting)! ;)
We will be in Austin April 27th -- I hope to meet some more of you!
I'm Kristi ~ Live in FL ~ BGE since 2003.
I write about food & travel on Necessary Indulgences.  
You can also find me on FacebookInstagram, and Twitter.

Comments

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    I will be the short old guy lusting after you :-h
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• egret
    egret Posts: 4,170
    Options
    Kristi,
    I see no one has told you it's bad news to go to two eggfests in successive months! 
    :| You need to wait until May to plan your next one........hey, I hear there's one going on around the middle of May in N. GA somewhere!!?? :)>-
  • NecessaryIndulg
    Options
    egret said:
    Kristi,
    I see no one has told you it's bad news to go to two eggfests in successive months! 
    :| You need to wait until May to plan your next one........hey, I hear there's one going on around the middle of May in N. GA somewhere!!?? :)>-
    We talked about heading up to the Georgia Mountain Fest, too, but we will be in Rio that weekend.  I'll be thinking about y'all while I'm drinking Caipirinhas on the beach. ;;)

hahaha, @Mickey... you're too much!
    I'm Kristi ~ Live in FL ~ BGE since 2003.
    I write about food & travel on Necessary Indulgences.  
    You can also find me on FacebookInstagram, and Twitter.
  • egret
    egret Posts: 4,170
    Options
    Oh, I wouldn't go to Rio under any circumstances!! The new Pope has just declared Rio off limits to all non-Catholics of all ages and off limits to all Catholics under the age of 73 years......How about a real fun eggfest right here in the good ole USA instead??! :)
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,347
    Options
    Oh the choices we must make...dang the luck and just for the weekend:)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    Caiprinhas are so good!!!! I am jealous kristi. Wife and I were at caneel bay last year and I made the bartender write the recipe down on a cocktail napkin. My wife later got it framed and it resides on our bar to remember the trip. Thanks for the memory
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    If the Salado eggfest is what the Texas eggfests are usually like, then y'all better be careful. The cops in Salado are still looking for a number of missing goats. 

Just sayin'...

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    caliking said:
    If the Salado eggfest is what the Texas eggfests are usually like, then y'all better be careful. The cops in Salado are still looking for a number of missing goats. 

Just sayin'...
    It got a little weird late, that's for sure. Fun though. The Austin Fest is a little more um....restrained shall we say. But then again, I've never participated :)

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    As I recall @Cen-Tex Smoker I am still waiting for you to join me at Texas. I have been here for a year an someone has a hell of a bar bill.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• egger ave
    egger ave Posts: 721
    Options
    We will be at the Austin Eggfest and Athens too.

John Wallace
    1 Large BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 1 Minimax BGE, Original wife and 3 dogs living in the heart of BBQ country in Round Rock Texas. 

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."

Albert Einstein
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Mickey said:
    As I recall @Cen-Tex Smoker I am still waiting for you to join me at Texas. I have been here for a year an someone has a hell of a bar bill.

I"ll be there with bells on. Im no stranger to hellacious bar bills
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX