Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
There are two very delicious food holidays coming up that we wanted to share with you all because cheese and guac deserve to be celebrated! Guacamole Day is on September 16th and Cheeseburger Day is on September 18th. Happy cooking EGGheads! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Adjustable Rig with Spider

DenevanDenevan Posts: 24
edited March 2013 in EggHead Forum

I have been going back and forth on whether I should get the Adjustable Rig from CGS or a three tier setup. I tried to make my own DIY system and found it failed horribly... I even thought maybe I could make my own AR.  So I finally called Tom from the CGS (on Sunday afternoon no less) and he talked me through a few different setups.  Well after much debate and some convincing of the wife - I finally bought an AR and while I was there I bought the spider as well. They arrived today and man am I impressed. This thing is the real deal. Heavy thick steel, great welds and well put together. So I cooked up a pair of spatchcock chickens on the middle rack and a chicken in a clay pot on the top. I still had room underneath on the main grid had I wanted to cook up something else. I have a lot of BGE accessories but this might be my best one yet. Going to sear some steaks on an 18" CI using the spider tomorrow.  I can't wait to cook up some butt over brisket and a ton of other things.

So if you are thinking about getting this setup - stop the debate and get it - you won't be disappointed. Great customer service (Tom - the owner - answered the phone on Sunday!), and its made here in the good ol USA...

Comments