Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Wanted to make ribs but nooooooo

Options
1235»

Comments

• Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    @robnybbq - You didn't say it, but I sense you relaxed a bit and had a little fun. A job well done sir!
    Flint, Michigan
  • r270ba
    r270ba Posts: 763
    Options

@robnybbq - You didn't say it, but I sense you relaxed a bit and had a little fun. A job well done sir!

I agree. That is super awesome to hear. Egging should be relaxing and awesome...not stressful. Enjoy the time. Enjoy your family. Enjoy your food. Every cook doesn't have to be master piece. Pretty much anything on the egg is better!
    Anderson, SC
    XL BGE, Father's Day Gift 2012 (Thanks Fam!!!)
    Webber Kettle and Webber Summit Gasser
    Want List: Thermapen, Small BGE, Wok, Adjustable Rig, Food Saver, More $

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Keep up the good work. It's nice to see you had good results. The learning curve on these eggs is sometimes steep and sometime shallow. With responses like your daughter's, it's always fun!
  • robnybbq
    robnybbq Posts: 1,911
    Options
    I think I started over thinking and confusing allot of the cooks.  Going back to a basic "Grill" meal was good.  Trying to get fancy like cooking chicken wings like its an overnight brisket is crazy. 

We'll found out I have to cook a brisket in a few weeks now as the Outlaws (in-laws) are coming into town for the weekend.

Thanks again.

Garnerville, NY
  • alphacentauri
    Options
    while not healthy, these might be something for you to try if you would like some BBQ pork when you have less time. 

keep on keeping on man!
  • robnybbq
    robnybbq Posts: 1,911
    Options
    I was looking for that link.  I was searching for pork skewers.  Thanks

Garnerville, NY
  • ddegger
    ddegger Posts: 244
    Options
    Wow..... Just spent 15 mins reading through this full thread - what a great community!   Lots of good people,  lots of great advice. @robnybbq - glad you had some success. 

I've had my egg for four days and have cooked on it three of them - long,  slow chicken cook, homemade pizza,  and tonight hot dogs (late day,  18 mins from lite up to done).  Like @r270ba and others have said,  best thing about egging for me so far (next to the quality of the food) has been enjoying the cooks!  Maybe I've been lucky,  but my LBGE lites quickly (just use paraffin stater in three spots), burns off the bad smoke,  and gets me to 300 - 400 in 15 or 20 mins. Still lots to learn and plenty of room for improvement, but I'm hooked and enjoying every minute of it. 

Good luck to @robnybbq and thanks to everybody for the great tips. As they say,  a smart man learns from his mistakes;  a wise man learns from mistakes of others. 
  • Charlie tuna
    Charlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    Options
    Your egg is brand new, therefore the holes in the bottom plate are mostly wide open for air to pass. Remember this, because it will get slower and slower as they close up.  A freshly cleaned egg always comes to operating temperature fast!