Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Favorite pizza yet

TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,422
Nothing fancy.  Used Wegman's dough, let it rise overnight in fridge, then for 6 hours in the CI pizza pan for one, floured parchment for the other.  As it proofed, it became easier and easier to spread out.  I actually had to cut off some excess from both as there was more dough than space.  Wegman's sauce, and mozza cheese.  Pre cooked sweet Italian sausage on one, the other plain.  Egg preheated to 600, PS legs down, grid, then pizza stone. That's as high up I can get the CI pan.  Toppings started finishing before the crust, so I removed the grid and pizza pan, and put the CI direct on the PS for 5 minutes.  Turned out fantastic.  Nice crispy crust with a good chew.  Haven't tried the plain one, but it looks just as good.  That will be lunch tomorrow.

Comments

• BYS1981BYS1981 Posts: 1,989
    looks great.
    ·
  • RACRAC Posts: 1,451
    Man that look's good! Wish I had some for lunch.

Ricky

Spring, TX

·
  • yzziyzzi Posts: 1,793
    That looks great. I just went to a Wegman's for the first time this week while in PA and loved it. Great store! I hope they venture down in FL soon.
    Dunedin, FL
    ·
  • Charlie tunaCharlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    That dough looks great and cooked nice !!
    ·
  • MO_EgginMO_Eggin Posts: 131
    Well done.  Looks very tasty, the last pic in particular.
    LBGE, St. Louis, MO
    ·