Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Merry Christmas and may your holiday be filled with delicious food and loved ones...to help you devour the food! Our Holiday Entertaining Guide can help if you’re still making a Christmas menu. If you’re looking for fun, last minute holiday activities, check out EGGcellent Sugar Cookies, BGE Cake Pops, Santa Hat Brownies, Pig Candy or Holiday Drinks! See you in the New Year EGGheads!

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

Baby backs on the Mini

R2Egg2QR2Egg2Q Posts: 1,632
While at IKEA the other day I saw a little cart that I thought would work with my Mini & get it off the nest on the ground to a more comfortable cooking height. It got a test run yesterday:

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Seasoned a small rack of baby backs with 50/50 mix of Simply Marvelous Spicy Apple & Cherry Rubs, then put one half on then a raised grid (barely high enough): Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

The Mini was cooking in the 260-275 range and a few hrs later (with some spritzing of AJ) they were close: Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

They shrunk just enough to finish on one level: Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Felt like going without sauce this time. Sliced (ignore other ribs in back of pic as they were not cooked on an Egg): Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Ribs were good but it was sure a tight fit. St Louis spares lie a little flatter & fit a Mini a little easier. The cart passed the test but I may look for a little bigger casters with locks. I might add some weight to the bottom shelf as well for added stability. Thanks for looking!
XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs
Bay Area, CA

Comments