Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It feels as though we’ve waited forever for college football to start, and finally the wait is over! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are sure to become fan favorites. As an added bonus, the day before Labor Day is National Bacon Day and we don’t know about you, but we like putting bacon on anything and everything, so we’ll definitely be celebrating that. It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Nice Gift From Village Idiot

Gary 'Village Idiot' Willson knows how to do some really neat things and often shares them with others. Spring Hen and I were on the lucky end this time. He gave us this:

I love Vanilla so this is going to get used on something special.

Thanks Gary and Pam.

Spring "Plain Vanilla Is My Favorite" Chicken
Spring Texas USA

Comments

• nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 11,019
    Let it age a few months!

• FoghornFoghorn Posts: 1,590
    Don't listen to Nola.  He'll have you meat glue the bottle to a live nutria and then put the result into the sous vide. 

XL BGE, Klose BYC, ProQ Excel, Weber Kettle, Firepit, Grand Turbo gasser, and a portable Outdoor Gourmet gasser for tailgating

San Antonio, TX

• MickeyMickey Posts: 14,024
    I give VI a hard time (just feel its my job). There is nothing I would not do for him. Gary and Pam thank you very much. Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini.... 5th Salado EggFest is March 14, 2015

Don't listen to foghorn - he'll an emergency tracheotomy on the vanilla extract, and suture the tracheostomy tube to a delicious bacon wrapped chunk of pineapple and shrimp. ;)

Delicious dish, my friend....and your son was a tireless and cheerful contributor!

• FoghornFoghorn Posts: 1,590

"he'll an emergency tracheotomy on the vanilla extract, and suture the tracheostomy tube to a delicious bacon wrapped chunk of pineapple and shrimp"

You say that like it would be a bad thing. 

I'm thinking we could probably do something like that next year... especially with Fleurdelirious to assist me so she can get some mileage out of that second nursing degree.  We could take the culinary arts to a whole new level through surgical gastronomy.

XL BGE, Klose BYC, ProQ Excel, Weber Kettle, Firepit, Grand Turbo gasser, and a portable Outdoor Gourmet gasser for tailgating

San Antonio, TX

Awesome concept, I think you're on to something here....

Also, thanks VI and C-T for the lovely gifts...

• Foghorn said:

"he'll an emergency tracheotomy on the vanilla extract, and suture the tracheostomy tube to a delicious bacon wrapped chunk of pineapple and shrimp"

You say that like it would be a bad thing. 

I'm thinking we could probably do something like that next year... especially with Fleurdelirious to assist me so she can get some mileage out of that second nursing degree.  We could take the culinary arts to a whole new level through surgical gastronomy.

@foghorn As a cardiac nurse, I could offer my services to everyone when they undergo their post-fest angiogram or bypass.
  • ChubbsChubbs Posts: 3,590

:))
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • MrCookingNurseMrCookingNurse Posts: 3,738
    @fleurdelirious
    You work in a cardiac care unit? I'm a cath lab nurse. I love dropping patients off and saying "let me let your nurse get that for you"
    B-)

About to have to go back to the ICU for the schedule and not looking forward to call lights and bed pans at all. 5 years of that was enough.

LBGE & SBGE (big momma and pat)
  • Austin  EggheadAustin Egghead Posts: 3,106
    Thanks Gary and Pam for the wonderful gift.  It really smell wonderful.  I sorry Pam could not make it, she was missed.
    Eggin in SW "Keep it Weird" TX
  • @MrCookingNurse As long as you don't leave me with a huge hematoma to deal with, I'm cool with that. Was offered a supervisor position a couple weeks ago, but turned it down. Three 12-hr shifts a week and no call vs. Five 8-hr plus shifts and 24/7 call .... No contest.
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 5,291
    nola- I see that a few lines of meat glue are missing...

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 14,024

OK, if we can get past this and not get closed down.......
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini.... 5th Salado EggFest is March 14, 2015

• Awesome concept, I think you're on to something here....

This is greatness.

• cazzycazzy Posts: 5,501
    How awesome is VI? Well, after finding out I couldn't make the fest, he went out of his way to ensure I received the gift he had for me.

Thank you so much for everything Gary! You're a awesome dude and I now realize everything Travis and Cen said about you is poop.

:D :D :D
    Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos