Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
With winter in full gear, we’re enjoying all the awesome photos of EGGs in the cold weather. Stay warm with some of our favorite Dutch oven recipes: Chicken & Dumplings, Chili Con Carne and BLT Soup.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Happy St. Patrick's Day to all my fellow eggheads!!!

hapsterhapster Posts: 6,199
Weather turned out pretty nice and I am taking advantage by egging food for today and the week ahead...

And I'm also managing to fit in a little cheer as well :))

imageimageimageimage
image.jpg 201.3K
image.jpg 145.2K
image.jpg 129.3K
image.jpg 721.4K
·

Comments

• r270bar270ba Posts: 763
    Very nice and Happy St Pattys day to you too!

4 lbs corned beef brisket, 1 cup brown sugar, 12-18 ounces Guiness beer. Rub brown sugar on corned beef to coat entire beef, including bottom. Run seasoning that comes with beef. Place in Dutch oven, pour Guinness beer, enough to barely cover top of beef. Cover, bake in oven at 300 degrees for 2 1/2 to 3 hours. Allow to rest 5 min before slicing
    Anderson, SC
    XL BGE, Father's Day Gift 2012 (Thanks Fam!!!)
    Webber Kettle and Webber Summit Gasser
    Want List: Thermapen, Small BGE, Wok, Adjustable Rig, Food Saver, More $

·
  • hapsterhapster Posts: 6,199
    Thanks... And that looks great!
    ·
  • r270bar270ba Posts: 763
    I really wanted to do an egg cook today but this recipe my wife and kids love and I am not willing to put my Le Cruset in the egg...
    Anderson, SC
    XL BGE, Father's Day Gift 2012 (Thanks Fam!!!)
    Webber Kettle and Webber Summit Gasser
    Want List: Thermapen, Small BGE, Wok, Adjustable Rig, Food Saver, More $

·
  • JRWhiteeJRWhitee Posts: 2,556
    edited March 2013
    Looks Good! I grilled some Brats for lunch on the Egg and am boiling my first corned beef brisket. It is not on the Egg but it smells good though. Happy St. Pattys day to everyone as well.

Large BGE 2006, Mini Max 2014 
    Founding Member of the Green Man Group cooking team.
    Johns Creek, Georgia

·
  • Charlie tunaCharlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    I had my corned beef at a party last night --  it's Hapster's meatloaf "make aheads" this evening !! And i am looking forward to it --  meatloaf is always better the second time around !! 
    ·
  • SmokinDAWG82SmokinDAWG82 Posts: 1,704
    Erin go braugh! I'm making Hap's Guinness Stew today and enjoying a little cheer myself! Hope everyone has a great day!
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
    ·
    Let me know how it turns out...

Defuse and I still have all my fingers and toes!image
    image.jpg 933.7K
    ·
  • JscottJscott Posts: 174
    Happy St. Patty's day to all of you as well. I'm in withdrawals as we have travel baseball and are....traveling.
    ·
    Jscott said:

Happy St. Patty's day to all of you as well. I'm in withdrawals as we have travel baseball and are....traveling.

If you aren't driving... Roadie!!!
    ·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 15,814
    Right back at you. I as well into the Guinness as well. Taking a few hours rest from the best Salado Fest yet.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max +++ 5th Salado EggFest is March 14, 2015 http://saladoeggheadgathering.blogspot.com

·
    Mickey said:

Right back at you. I as well into the Guinness as well. Taking a few hours rest from the best Salado Fest yet.

Nothing quite as tasty as a carbomb :)
    ·
    yes a roadie would be great, never heard it called a carbomb. I thought that was something my 2 boys left for me to discover after a lunch of beans!

·
    Jscott said:

yes a roadie would be great, never heard it called a carbomb. I thought that was something my 2 boys left for me to discover after a lunch of beans!

A carbomb is a half pint of Guinness and you drop a shot glass in with 50/50 mix of Jameson's and Baileys... Tasty as hell :))
    ·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 12,480
    Hell yeah, you're my hero.

·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 12,480
    Dude, check this out....

My brother picked up a bottle of this, like $70.  Very small run.  We might crack it open tonight.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/16/dining/american-malted-whiskeys-win-acclaim.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

·
    @nolaegghead... Looks like a a great bottle to share. Looking forward to your thoughts! Enjoy!!!
    ·
    Veggies and then the beef...

imageimageimage
    image.jpg 680.2K
    image.jpg 509K
    image.jpg 1.1M
    ·
  • 500500 Posts: 1,460
    Nice job Hap. Happy St. Patty's to you also, and all the other full and part time Irish out there. My red headed Irish wife had the traditional boiled corned beef dinner. Some Guiness and Murphey's enjoyed as well, plus our homemade Bailey's.
    Large BGE; Midlothian, Virginia
    I like Pig Butts and I can not lie.
    "Barbecue is a journey, one meal at a time."
    ·
    Well, I just learned something. Thanks! Btw, would love a report om the whiskey!
    ·
  • Happy St Pat's to you all as well. Just fired up the egg for some baked spuds, think chops, and a few rums... Hope everyone had a great weekend!
    County of Parkland, Alberta, Canada
    ·
  • Oh ya, and it looks great as always hapster. Cheers!
    ·
    Thanks guys... It's gonna be a busy week and then the family and I are at the beach for Spring Break starting next Saturday.

Sadly the egg will be staying home... on the plus side? I am taking some WGWW to use in the Weber Kettle we got for down there last year :)

·
  • A beach sounds nice, we were pounded with snow again, and again. Have a good spring break. I cant only wait for spring. Going to miss your weekend egg pics. See ya when you get back.
    ·
    Not sure how beachy the weather will be... Going to the Jersey Shore, but hey, any time away from work is good right?

I'll likely be drunken posting off topic stuff :))
    ·
  • Solson005Solson005 Posts: 1,905
    Looks like your having a great Saint Patricks Day! I had to celebrate at the lake friday and saturday and just got home a little while ago. But many car bombs were diffused to keep the lake safe.. Luckily two guinness left over from my creme BREWlee didn't make it to the lake and are still in the fridge. 
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
    ·