Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New eggers in the neighborhood

Options
So far I have been the only egghead in our developing neighborhood. Someone moved in behind our house and I see they have a large egg. I guess I should be glad to welcome another egger, but part of me wants to still be "the egg guy". That's stupid, right?
Killen, AL (The Shoals)
XL, Small, Minimax, and Mini BGEs

Comments

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Start by saying "hey junior" over your fence.

He'll respond(hopefully) with "huh?"

Then you say "the egg guy here, I see you have one too. What do you like to cook?"

Problem solved. Either he is like us here and will accept "junior" with a laugh. Or, he'll never speak to you again. If it's the latter, you can just sneak into his yard and mess with his vent settings for jollies.
  • BigGreenBamaGriller
    Options
    I like the way you operate sir. Will report back in a few days.
    Killen, AL (The Shoals)
    XL, Small, Minimax, and Mini BGEs
  • BOWHUNR
    BOWHUNR Posts: 1,487
    Options
    Just go and pee on all four corners of his deck or patio to mark your territory.  :D

Mike

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE
  • MrCookingNurse
    MrCookingNurse Posts: 4,665
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Lol. Goodness some of y'all are nuts. I think it'd be fun to have a fellow egghead. I've got two egg buddies that grill with me all the time. But if eggcelsior's advice doesn't work, I vote you pee on his egg nest

XLBGE 
  • Crispix49
    Crispix49 Posts: 191
    Options
    Challenge him to a cook off
    Atlanta suburbs
    Large & Mini owner
    UGA Alum - Go Dawgs!
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options

Welcome this guy to the neighborhood with a slab of ribs still in cryo.  You will have an Egg buddy for sure!  Oh, and keep your pants zipped.

Flint, Michigan