Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re feeling pretty super, how about you? The big game is fast approaching, and while we love football, we love an excuse to invite people over and cook even more! You too can cook like a champion with recipes from Dr. BBQ’s NFL Gameday Cookbook: Grilled Tuna Sandwiches from Seattle and Baked Brie from New England. Who’s going to win? You’ll have to cook both to find out.

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

Brisket off the medium BGE

Got a 5.5 brisket flat from the local Sam's Club. Injected it with some marinade ( beef broth, Boyd's beef base, and some Lee and Perrins ) and let it sit overnight. Put some homemade rub on it and smoked it one the egg for 8 1/2 hours at 250-270 degrees. I foiled it once it hit 165 degrees. Then into the cooler wrapped in towels for 2 hrs. It was yummy.

·

Comments

• Crispix49Crispix49 Posts: 190
    looks good.  my trackrecord with flats has been hit or miss.
    Atlanta suburbs
    Large & Mini owner
    UGA Alum - Go Dawgs!
    ·
  • I've done 3 so far and all have turned out well. For me I think to inject and then foil at around 165 is the key. Moist and tender. Try to pick out the most flexible piece of meat.
    ·
  • I used a combination of hickory, mesquite, and pear chips just at the beginning of the cook.

·
  • ScottborasjrScottborasjr Posts: 2,057
    Pear chips? Where do you find those? that's one I haven't seen
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
    ·
  • I got some pear, peach, and sugar maple chips from this site. Quality and reasonable.
    http://samssmoker.com/bbq-wood-chips.html
    ·
  • ScottborasjrScottborasjr Posts: 2,057
    I've got sugar maple but pear and preach would be new thanks :D
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
    ·
  • Charlie tunaCharlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    That looks great, i always back away from brisket -- i have to try this more !!  thanks for posting.
    ·
  • Solson005Solson005 Posts: 1,905
    Looks great and is very similar to my method, I usually make flats do to availability or price.  =D>
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
    ·